21lbs down but can't see it :(

Options

Replies

• Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My top weight at approx 210lbs :( Hate these photos.

21a75efd.jpg

ca0c5eee.jpg

984b5f56.jpg

3bb45250.jpg

and at 190lbs on the 28th of July.....

adb223bf.jpg

ddb499ad.jpg
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bump - new pics added at the bottom of thread....
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I can see it, specifically in the waist. Great job, keep going! :-)
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can see it too in your waist. Keep at it! Don't get discouraged. You're doing great!
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    OMG you're so pretty!!!! and wow at the boobies! how do you not tip over? :) anyway.... 21 pounds is huge.
    i am your size 5'5''
    i started at 211
    i didn't see a huge change at 20 pounds. i felt better, and i could see tone in my legs, but i was still in my clothes. once i hit 180, i had a hard time losing that 1 pound to get me into the 170s.... but after that, its been pretty noticable, even though the loss in general has slowed.. i'm ALMOST at 40 pounds lost, and i'm down from an 18 to a 10-12. it'll come, don't get discouraged.

ps, even with those HUGE knockers, you're build is awesome. i'd kill for a true hour glass....
  • AshleyBananas
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose and have lost between 10 and 15 lbs depending on when I weigh myself. I cant see a difference, but have had a few people say I look a bit thinner. I can say that while I dont see it and the scale isnt showing a dramatic difference at this point, my pants are loser, my muffin top is almost gone and my jeans dont look painted on.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I seem to only have lost a couple of inches off everywhere too.

So many of you lovely people lose so many inches and you can see such a physical difference in your size after 20-ish lbs...

I am disappointed I don't look better or slimmer yet, and it makes me worry that when all I am aiming to lose is about another 29lbs, it wont be enough for me to look my ideal size.

:(

Took me almost 30-35lbs to really notice the difference in myself. I had others noticing at 25. It depends on how your body drops weight...

You'll get there!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Okay, but I'm sorry. You're gorgeous and juicy and curvy in such a lovely way and I'm jealous. And not EVEN gay.

But anyway, I do see a difference between your before and during photos. Your hips are narrower, as is your waist. I'm flat as a board so I can't relate, but I'm told that it's harder to appreciate a loss when you've got an ample bust. Give yourself time and don't get discouraged. You've got SO much more going for you than SO many other girls before you even lose an ounce that any "improvement" is gravy.
  • MrsMangler
    MrsMangler Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Before I saw your second post with the confirming what I already saw, I looked at your profile pics and could tell you were heavier in the purple dress (although, you looked beautiful!) than you were in the brown tank. So first of all, the 20+ pounds IS noticable.

I have a very similiar body shape at 5'1". (I guess that would be a "Top Hourglass") I have lost 35 pounds now and people are just now noticing. I've been losing since April. So yeah, it took all freaking summer to sweat off some serious extra baggage. I still have quite a bit to lose, but it's nice to be noticed for hard work. I think you are looking great! Good job :)
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i cant see it on myself either 25lbs already and i cant tell in progress pictures either :frown:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hey, congrats on the weight loss ...... just keep plugging away ..... before long, everyone will know it :drinker:
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    and may i say (i just saw your pix) you look great!!! i can definintley see a difference!!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I started at 265 and it took 30 pounds before anyone noticed enough to comment on it.

Try this since you're doing some weight training and walking. Pick up two ten-pound weights and carry them along on one of your walks. It's hard to notice the loss since it comes off only a pound or two each week.

Another thing to try -- that is if you won't gross out and if you can find a butcher shop where you will never go again :smile: -- is to ask a butcher to show you 20 pounds of his fat trimmings. It's completely astounding what it amounts to. Or, next time you're at the grocery store, check out what 20 one-pound packages of bacon looks like. So you've lost that much, but just a portion of it from the organs, the thighs, the arms, the chin, the neck, etc. The small amounts coming from everywhere might not be visible to you, but it amounts to quite a bit.

I absolutely love your hair! Keep up the good work on your new lifestyle. And when you get that first positive comment from someone who doesn't know you are doing this, enjoy the natural high. It's worth the effort all by itself.
  • caseyclark3
    Options
    I'm the same way! I've lost almost 20 pounds and I can't tell a difference at all in the way I look. People say I look thinner but I wish I could see it for myself. I do notice, however, that my clothes are fitting better and my posture is better. Best of luck. Don't give up!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I see it somewhat in my upper body and my belly is smaller. But I don't really see it below till I try on something I haven't worn in a couple months. Like today....I put on a pair of pull on shorts that used to fit me very snugly. Not any more. I couldn't believe they were so LOOSE. That's my confirmation even when I don't see it in the mirror, I see it in the clothes.
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your doing awesome!!!! :D we are our own worst critic/enemies :( I honestly do see it though! :D
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I've lost almost 20lbs, and I've lost only a few inches in different places. Losing a few inches in normal. Some people lose a lot of inches but little weight because they're toning their body, which is putting on muscle.

Pictures can usually show a difference. I can't when I just look at myself, but pictures and clothes make it easy to see.
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    I know what you mean. I "feel" better so for now that keeps me going. Hang in there and the physical change will come.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am coming down far more than you are my dear and I wear a 42J bra size (US). So while they are enormous- I still do Zumba 3x per week and Bodypump 2x per week. You can do it!! So proud of you so far!:flowerforyou:
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, I totally understand. For me, it's that everything is still in the same proportions, just a few inches smaller around. 4" around hips and 4" around waist and my silhouette is still the same. Hang in there--you will see results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!