Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown

Options
Has any one tried it? How did it go for you?

Replies

• Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I tried it once and liked it but felt I needed to take a regular yoga class to actually understand the moves a bit better. I will go back to it after maybe a month of yoga classes I think.
  • Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started Yoga about a month ago and it is a challenge. Most important thing is the form/breathing and pushing your body. You will make improvements each and every time. Your gym may have a yoga class and all you would need is a yoga mat. You can also try free videos, I just googled it and found that gaimtv offers a class http://www.gaiamtv.com/ search for "vinyasa yoga". Your cable channel may offer a Sports and Fitness on Demand channel, just surf over and you may already have a class you can follow at home.

My yoga class is "Vinyasa yoga, in which movement is synchronized to the breath, is a term that covers a broad range of yoga classes. This style is sometimes also called flow yoga, because of the smooth way that the poses run together and become like a dance. The breath becomes an important component because the teacher will instruct you to move from one pose to the next on an inhale or an exhale."
  • kmkeyes
    kmkeyes Posts: 5
    Options
    Yoga...Lov it! I don't know anything about Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown though. My first class, which was Hatha Yoga, I was saying, "what have I got myself into". I did go back and with each class I felt better. It's one of those things where you get out of it what you put into it. Not all classes or instructors are alike, so you may have to try a few before you find one that's good for you. There are differernt types/ methods. I take a basic yoga class which seems to be pretty well rounded and suited for my fitness level. When I started it was challenging, but I worked at my own pace. I've developed strength. I'm more flexible, more focus. I have better posture. It helps to relieve stress. On the nights that I do yoga I sleep like a baby. Before you decide it's not for you, try some different classes and instructors. Research the different types so you know what you're looking for and your yoga practice will be meaningful to you. I hope that helps. I'll have to checkout Jillian's.

Karen