Am I setting my goals to low?

polyesterchesters
polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! I see everyones tickers, and I wonder if I should reach a bit higher. Frankly, I can barely see past losing the first 20 right now. Does a bigger weight loss goal make you inspired or discouraged?

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Welcome!

If you are comfortable with a 20 pound goal, that is what you should go for! It's all about YOU!:smile:

Best of luck!
  • 20 pounds is an achievement, and besides, it's about gradual, sustainable weight loss rather than crash dieting
  • kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Hey, nothing wrong with a 20 pound goal. Once you've reached it, just continue on if you want to reset it. Slow and easy is the way to go. I didn't set any real goal, just to lose weight. Since June I have lost about 25 lbs and just keep doing what I do. I know where I would be happy and where I can live with. One thing I hope to do, is keep my daily recording and workouts. So like they say, one day at a time. Good luck.:happy:
  • fortiter00
    fortiter00 Posts: 47 Member
    I think different people are encouraged or discouraged by different things, so it is always best to do what's right for you, not do what everyone else is doing. I couldn't even tell you what my ticker goal is set for, I just now that I am down about 19 lbs. That and the current number on the scale is what I keep in the back of my mind.

I think some other people have their ticker set for their ultimate goal, and than put their intermediary goals written below it, along with dates they would like to get there. Find what works for you if it's 20 lbs as a first goal, go for it.
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    I have set different goal stages. First I want to loose 10% of my beginning weight. After reading your post, I am going to change my goal settings to reflect that. That way I have a more realastic goal to shoot for than the 32 lbs as it shows now. That is the way I have it set on my wii Fit Plus (also it will only let me drop 22 lbs at a time). You have helped me become more organized this morning. Thanks!

I want to reach a healthy weight after the 10% is lost and maintain it. That is the second goal. I believe setting the smaller goals helps to keep me motivated and not get caught up in the "bigger picture" which in the past has discouraged me.

So if you want to loose more than 20 lbs., you could start with a beginning goal, and go from there! Good luck! :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    I agree with what has been said...do what feels right for you. Losing 20#'s is a great victory. Go to the store and pick up two 10# bags of potatoes!!!

I have evaluated and re-evaluated my goals over and over. I didn't even know what should be an ideal weight for me until I started getting closer. My ending goal could still change.

Best of luck!:smile:
This discussion has been closed.