Help me put a workout plan together/ meals anyone?

Options
Hey everyone! Sorry if i end up blabbing on for ages but i am very much needing support /advice atm. So I just joined a gym last week. yay! I figured its better than running in the heat lol anyways today I went for my consult with a personal trainer and he basically made me feel like a fat piece of crap and i know i know it is probably the truth and i just didnt want to hear it but still makes a girl feel bad . the only problem is its gonna cost like 5000 dollars and sorry but i cannot afford that right now.. i can barely afford 40 bucks a month! geez anyways my issue is since i cannot afford his service i have no idea what machines to use or target anything! im so lost! like im down with cardio im really good at running and can run 5k anytime anyday (he also told me that thats just gonna burn all my muscle mass off and hurt my joints in the long run which i guess is true) However i am willing to reduce my running and take it to the next level i just need help putting a plan together :/ he was gonna start me at like 10 weeks of foundation training like ludges /squats etc make sure i do them all properly and get a bit stronger then like 6 weeks of strength or something 6 weeks something else than 6 weeks of burn i kinda forget lol etc etc . I feel like i dont know whats right for me to be doing and i dont wanna go around circlre here and not get anywhere. I am willing to go to the gym everyday for an hour or two or more if that what it takes i really am its what i have been doing i just want advice on what to do exactly for that time. I know its a long shot but if anyone knows a plan that will help me in the gym i will love love you forever . also maybe some great meal ideas also . im doing ok with the diet im sorry that i havent been logging it i am going to start now again with doing that. but here ill give you guys some tidbit info about me so you know lol ...

age 21
height 5'10
starting weight was 196 so overweight according to my bmi
current weight -169 - apparently in the 'heathly range' of the bmi
goal weight between 145-150 'still within heathly range it says and the trainer said that would be doable.

body fat percentage ugh i dont even wanna post it but its 33% < he used a scale not clamp things dont know if that matters ..
he said it was really high :(

idk what to do ive been working so hard and not eating like any fast food or pop at ALL just water and whole clean foods and running and workin out like crazy :( ugh he just made me feel like i NEEDED him to get to where i wanna be .. :(:(

help! <3

Replies

• dobbins52
    Options
    sounds to me like he just wanted the money. Personal trainers should make you feel excited and motivated, not make you feel awful (no one for that matter). Looking at your height/weight you are not heavy! It's all based on how you feel inside, not based on height/weight. You are in the healthy range so that should tell you something. Anywho, I've been training with an adult fitness group, 50 minute sessions of core training which is always different using kettle bells, medicine balls, squats, lunges, TRX bands, bosu balls, bear crawls, sprints, etc. Most gyms offer classes so I suggest do a couple classes and other days do some cardio like walk, bike, elyptical, run. There's not anything wrong with variety.
  • fanipack
    fanipack Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry if i end up blabbing on for ages but i am very much needing support /advice atm. So I just joined a gym last week. yay! I figured its better than running in the heat lol anyways today I went for my consult with a personal trainer and he basically made me feel like a fat piece of crap and i know i know it is probably the truth and i just didnt want to hear it but still makes a girl feel bad . the only problem is its gonna cost like 5000 dollars and sorry but i cannot afford that right now.. i can barely afford 40 bucks a month! geez anyways my issue is since i cannot afford his service i have no idea what machines to use or target anything! im so lost! like im down with cardio im really good at running and can run 5k anytime anyday (he also told me that thats just gonna burn all my muscle mass off and hurt my joints in the long run which i guess is true) However i am willing to reduce my running and take it to the next level i just need help putting a plan together :/ he was gonna start me at like 10 weeks of foundation training like ludges /squats etc make sure i do them all properly and get a bit stronger then like 6 weeks of strength or something 6 weeks something else than 6 weeks of burn i kinda forget lol etc etc . I feel like i dont know whats right for me to be doing and i dont wanna go around circlre here and not get anywhere. I am willing to go to the gym everyday for an hour or two or more if that what it takes i really am its what i have been doing i just want advice on what to do exactly for that time. I know its a long shot but if anyone knows a plan that will help me in the gym i will love love you forever . also maybe some great meal ideas also . im doing ok with the diet im sorry that i havent been logging it i am going to start now again with doing that. but here ill give you guys some tidbit info about me so you know lol ...

age 21
    height 5'10
    starting weight was 196 so overweight according to my bmi
    current weight -169 - apparently in the 'heathly range' of the bmi
    goal weight between 145-150 'still within heathly range it says and the trainer said that would be doable.

body fat percentage ugh i dont even wanna post it but its 33% < he used a scale not clamp things dont know if that matters ..
    he said it was really high :(

idk what to do ive been working so hard and not eating like any fast food or pop at ALL just water and whole clean foods and running and workin out like crazy :( ugh he just made me feel like i NEEDED him to get to where i wanna be .. :(:(

help! <3

First off , congratulations on your weight loss! That is no easy task. Whatever you have done , it obviously has worked.

I'd check out this FAQ it's got a lot of great information for all sorts of exercises: http://www.reddit.com/help/faqs/Fitness#Exercise

I assume your goal is to lower your overall body fat %. I'd look into strength training. Here's a great program for beginners.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:Introduction

I've lost about 60 lbs and currently hovering around 170-175 for the past 3-4 month but have dropped 2 pant sizes. All thanks to eating at a caloric deficit with a combination of strength training.

Good Luck !
  • browneyedmama03
    browneyedmama03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just recommended this program on another board (and I swear I'm not getting paid to promote it LOL - it's just a good one and FREE). Jamie Eason's LIvefit program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

It's a great 12-week program for women. Good luck to you!
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Cancel the gym, tell the personal trainer to shove it and get P90X! :tongue: Incorporate a run or two a week if you have the time/energy. It's a great resistance training program with a bit of cardio built in. It also provides a great nutrition plan that's very easy to follow. Each workout is 50 - 60 mins except a Yoga workout which is 90 mins. This program will give you a great foundation for future resistance training if you'd like to return to the gym. It's a 90 day program and many people, including myself, love it! The beauty is it's $130 and your commute is to a room in your house.