Need On the road healthy snack/meal ideas

Options
I'll be on the road soon due to moving. I have a few ideas but I would love to hear from other members on what they would pack to keep on the right track and avoid those gas station junk food/meals. Any ideas???

Replies

• simonlcube
    simonlcube Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'll be on the road soon due to moving. I have a few ideas but I would love to hear from other members on what they would pack to keep on the right track and avoid those gas station junk food/meals. Any ideas???

Carrots and cherry tomatoes do the trick for me.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I use water, crystal lite and beef or turkey jerky. I'm not much of a fruit eater but others have told me to try those. I sometimes will take the small packs of veggies you can get now (peas and carrots, celery, broccoli). have a nice trip, I haven't been on a road trip for ages and I miss them, use to be a travel nurse so traveled back and forth across the states every 3-6 months.
  • rlwilmes
    Options
    I'm a huge advocate for fresh fruit and veggies. They're simple, easy to transport and most gas stations will have apples or bananas for sale, if not go for some homemade granola. Start with store bought for a base and then add dried fruit, nuts, pretzels, whatever you like. Use yogurt as a binder, the kind that's used in yogurt covered pretzels or raisins. You can buy it by the lbs. at Winco, Foodmaxx or Food4Less.
  • Spitbubblr
    Options
    Depending on how long you're on the road for, I usually carry around a three parted container. I usually put a pita wrap in one side, and fill up the other with celery, cherry tomatoes, carrots. The final side has mixed berries, pineapple, apple and whatever else I have around. It is quite filling over the duration of the day and simple to put together ^__^
  • kirstyknaggs
    Options
    How about humous and sticks of carrots, cucumber and celery.
  • calisunfreak
    Options
    I like low fat/lean deli sliced turkey and low fat cheese slices rolled up with fresh fruit and veggies.
  • lilah808
    lilah808 Posts: 60
    Options
    Almonds, apples, baby carrots, humus.