Diet Pills?

Options
What's the deal here, honestly?
Are there any diet pills that work for anyone? If so, what side effects?
I have never taken any, and probably wont, just sussing out pros and cons.

I know there are types that do different things including fat burners, appetite suppressants, metabolism boosters, carb blockers etc.

What are your experiences with these?

:)

Replies

• FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Over the counter diet pills don't work. At best they provide enough stimulating effect to suppress appetite. Even if they did work, you'd have to keep taking them.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a pill that would magically make your weight disappear. I don't know of any and I have been reading these boards for 6 months now. What works for most people and what we all realize at some point is that you have to change the way you're eating, change how much you move and be patient - cause if your changes are not for the rest of your life? You'll be back here in 6 months.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If something was actually that powerful in the fight against fat, I feel like our doctors / nutritionists / dieticians would tell us, they wouldn't hold out on us. If there was really a regimen of pills we could take to solve this problem... we'd all be in better shape!
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I've heard Alli works really well. For every 2 lbs you lose on your own, it helps you lose 1 more. What it does is it blocks a percentage of the fat you eat from being digested. However, you still have to count calories and fat grams, and if you go to town on some McD's and fried fatty fat, you'll be in for some serious diarrhea.
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If something was actually that powerful in the fight against fat, I feel like our doctors / nutritionists / dieticians would tell us, they wouldn't hold out on us. If there was really a regimen of pills we could take to solve this problem... we'd all be in better shape!

But then they wouldn't make as much money... obesity causes a lot of the problems that they get paid to treat. :grumble:

OP, I have found acai supplements to help with my appetite. I was taking one every day 3-ish years ago before I got pregnant. I was always hungry due to my medications and the acai stopped the cravings. I just ate when I knew I was scheduled to eat. I can't remember the name brand of it though.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Omega 3 fish oil and vitamin C are the only diet pills you need.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I did them a few years back and here's what I found them to be: jittery and appetite suppressant. You're better off drinking coffee and finding better ways to stave off hunger. For me, it's an obscene amount of coffee and a Diet Mountain Dew once a day. Twice if things get dicey.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I take something called Ripped Freak which is a natural stimulant you canbuy from sport supplement stores here in NZ (also on line). Amazing if you have a class or cardio work out ahead of you - gives you a boost to go harder and longer ..but .... it certainly increases your heart rate so ensure you have no potential heart issues etc etc
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Capsiplex worked for me last year to kick start my weight loss and give me energy for 2 hour workouts. I lost loads to start. I'm not sure if formula changed but suddenly one next bottle (about third) started give me severe burning in throat and stomach as soon as taken and made me feel very sick so had to stop then weight loss was very slow. only 2-5lb a month when previously had been 18lb and 16lb.

I tried Oxyelite pro to try and kick start things after didn't lose anything one month but it didn't have same effect as capsiplex did in beginning.

I'm also having problems with monthly cycle so wonder if hormones is reason I'm stuck partly too. Estrogen and Cortisol can be a problem. I might try puriance for women which is made to deal with these issues and not caffeine pill. Capsiplex was capsicum same as found in chilli's.

Everytime I see ad for something like lose 2.5 stone in 2 weeks it leads to ad about acai berries though it mentions raspberry ketones all the way through till you get to the bottom and on the voucher it says acai berry.
  • Min171163
    Options
    I was put on Orlistat also known as Xenical, I did lose weight on them BUT please don't go on them. I was on them for 3 months and lost 10lbs but the side effects and long term damage to your insides are just not worth it. I was bloated, had uncontrollable diahorrea and vomitted constantly. obviously, this is just what happened to me and other people may be different but in my own opinion diet pills are an absolute no no. I have over 3 stone to lose but I am now following a calorie controlled diet and adding in exercise. Good luck x:smile:
  • JennifercitaDEgomez
    Options
    What's the deal here, honestly?
    Are there any diet pills that work for anyone? If so, what side effects?
    I have never taken any, and probably wont, just sussing out pros and cons.

I know there are types that do different things including fat burners, appetite suppressants, metabolism boosters, carb blockers etc.

What are your experiences with these?

:)

You know what!!! My best friend told me she was taking some pills, and that she did lost a lot of pounds, but after a month she had to be taken to ER since she was really weak and sick... it end up been the diet pills she was... Last month I bought some pills for me.. i said, well if i dont take it for that long maybe it wont cause me anything... I took them for a week or two, but last weekend I found out this video and news on internet that got me shock.. i was not even looking for this type of information, it just came to me..... after reading it and seeing the video I WILL NOT TAKE ANY PILLS NO MORE!!! CHECK IT OUT

And actually while taking the pills i didnt loss that much of weight as I thought... it did decrease appetite but not help to loss... but once i started checking out the portions of what I eat and did the my excercise routine!!!!! YOU COULD DO BETTER than the diet pills

SEARCH FOR: Katy Paulino EITHER ON YOUTUBE, or on the web... YOU WILL BE SHOCK..

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/notitas-de-noticias/details/watch-video-dominican-woman-stomach-on-verge-of-exploding-from-dieting/13578/

Let me know what you think!!!! and please think about it...