Missing Mojo!!!!

Options
Hey. I've been on MFP for ages now and am currently "maintaining" I put it in the annoying speech marks as it's a loose term isn't it!?!? I have been in maintainence for about a year or so but I am finding it hard to keep motivated!! I have lost my exercise mojo and it's really frustrating. Don't think my work life balance is right and I really really lack motivation (i.e. I keep making excuses to myself!!!!). I have some fabulous MFP buddies and I don't think it's just me that feels this way but I really need to get my enthusiasm back. I do eat pretty healthy but I am a bit over on my calories regularly and the weight is creeping back on - nothing major and to other people not really that obvious but I know that I'm slacking!!!

I follow loads of fitness sites on facebook and those don't seem to be helping me right now, when usually seeing what I can achieve is inspiring!!

So I've downloaded the C25k app and am going to give that a try next week (I'm working this weekend so bit tight on time and energy!! - see excuses again :( ...). And really need to get reaqainted with Jillian Michaels .......... again!!

Help or advice much appreciated!!!!!!

(edited to add i went from 145lb to 121lb so I know I can do it .... sadly crept up to 127 again - its not just about the number on the scale i get that, just need to shed the flab and decrease my body fat!!)

Replies

• Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sign up for a 5 K race in October. Once you have paid the fee you will be committed.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good idea Debtappe!! But very scary prospect seeing as I can't run at all at the moment, hence why I downloaded the app!! I would love to be a runner so want to try at least!!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    C25K is a good idea. You can sign up for races, as Debtappe recommended, and that can keep you motivated, and give you a concrete goal to work for.

I finished C25K in February, ran my first 5K in March/April, and have run another 5K, a 5 mile trail run, and a 5 mile race since then. Now I am training for a half-marathon in September.

I recommend running outside, too, if you can. I just listen to audiobooks and go on my runs 3 times a week (4 occasionally), and the prospect of a race coming up is a great motivator!
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    when im in that boat i do 2 things:
    1. go back to recording my food and increase water
    2 . find a new class or exercise to do that makes me focus/think, and find new friends at the gym

sounds like you're on the right track - awareness is a huge part of the battle vs. sticking your head in the sand. good luck!!!!!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about buying some new gym gear as a get going again treat!! I know once I get back into my regime I'll be right again it's just finding the motivation in me to do better !!!

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)