Friends wanted

Options
Hi Everyone!
Will you be my friend? LOL I'm not new to MFP, I started last July. I did well at first and when the weather turned cold I backslid about halfway but I'm still trying to get back on track. Anyway I love the new feature MFP has recently added that lets us see how our "friends" are doing and comment on their post. I prefer this to joining groups, I've tried that a couple of time but there are always so many post that if I can't spend the day reading them all I feel out of the loop..... Right now my only friend is my Auntie Birdie, who is doing fantastically reaching her goals! I figured I'd but this out there and see if I can add some more to my list.

A little about me..
I'm 36 and live in Cumberland RI. I am married to a wonderful guy who brings me coffee in bed every morning and does the dishes :heart: I have a beautiful 15 year old daughter who is living with her dad in Skowhegan, ME and an incredible fun 11 year old son. I have Bruschi, the best dog in the world, who I enjoy long walks in the woods with.

I'm a waitress at Outback Steakhouse ( damn cheese fries) and just started college last fall. I want to be a preschool teacher and a yoga instructor for children.

I love the TV show Lost and my husband and I are catching up on Dexter. My biggest weakness...Super Nachos yum!

Now that you know alittle about me I look forward to meeting you! Have a great day!

Namaste
Kimberly:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    Hi Kimberly!

I've been a member a long too, just never really tried, until NOW ~ let's make 2010 the year to LOSE IT!
  • missjazzie10
    Options
    Hello! I am new to myfitnesspal! A friend recommend this site... it has helped me out so much already!!! I have been wanting to lose weight for so many years.. but never seem to have enough motivation to do so! I recently got married and that was one the best day of my life. However, I was not happy with how I looked in my wedding pictures! So, I decided that I would get fit and look fabulous by 1 yr wedding anniversary in July 2010! so that gives me about 7 months to lose so weight!!!!:happy:

Miss Jazzie!:love:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Welcome guys!!!

Kimberly - Dexter is my FAVORITE show! What season are you on? This last season was really good...2 was my favorite though!

2010 will be the year we do it!! :)

Good luck!

Courtney
  • ryokostarwind
    ryokostarwind Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on here a year now, and I did the same thing. I lost a loved one back in May, and even after losing about 10lbs, I could not get motivated to start losing weight again. Thus, I am back down to the same old spot I was before, but I feel more determined this time. My friends want to do the same and I have 2 weddings I need to be in by May & June. So I have shorter time, but I think I could manage to get down 10-15 by then. By the way, I am Sam, 23, and I am an artist. I love music, movies, good books, and of course my family & friends. I am going to be the maid of honor for my best guy friend's wedding, and him and his fiance have the same goals as me. Thus, I got his fiance to sign up to track her weight and cals. So its great to stick together and I am glad to finally have a friend too. Its the New year and its time we take control of our health and our life. Great to meet you and good luck!
  • GargoyleMomma
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I want friends too! I am new o MFP, but not new to weight loss battles. I have tried many things and I usualyy do fairly well in the begining, but then will hit a plateau and get frustrated. I don't have time to attend meetings and I can't stand the pre packaged food programs. So I figure it is all a matter of simple math. LC=LFL... Less calories = Less Fat on Lia!

My story:
    I am 41 and I live in Central New Jersey. I grew up in Texas, but met and then married a great guy from NJ. I married my best friend, so for that I left my beloved Texsa home and deal with the cold weather in Jersey. He is an electrical engineer.
    I have 3 daughters, 14 , 11 , and 7. We moved to our dream home this past summer. We have about 2 acers, much of it wooded with a brook and I go out too the woods as a sort of retreat because it is so beautilful. However I haven't been out there much lately because of the cold.
    I am a stay home mom, but I also have started back to school. I am a history/social sciences major. I am only able to take a couple classes at a time because I want to be home when the kids are home, so I just hope that I will finish before my oldest one starts college
    We have 2 shelties, a great kitty and several lizards.
    My current fav. shows are : Dead Like Me, Flight of the Condors, Desparate House Wive, Glee and my daughters are excited for American Idol to start next week.
    I think my biggest food weakness is sweets and I tend to just grab what is easy and quick.

Have a Blessed day!
    Lia