NEW IDEAS FOR DINNER

ASGG7818
ASGG7818 Posts: 19 Member
I have gotten in a habit of eating the same old thing everyday, What are some of your favorite meals? I need more variety!! :) Thanks for your help

Replies

• chmil
    chmil Posts: 1
    Stir-frys are always yum.
    chuck in your veggies, chicken or beef, and add some soy sauce. easy.

Homemade burgers. You can make your own lean mince patties with all different flavors.
    same as a fast food burger only 10x healthier and nutritious.

I suggest you check out some on line recipe sites for some ideas and inspiration.
    Getting into a rut with food can be very dangerous for weightloss.
    I like foodgawker.com. Although it's not 100% healthy.
    also check out some healthy food tumblr's or pinterest pages.
    thats where i get all my ideas from.

there are heaps of forums out the on mfp with other websites similar.
    try skinnytaste.com apparently its good.

all the best. :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    We are a more adventurous palate at home. My husband loves my Czechoslovakian Meatball dinner where he is a big time savory-addict. I adore making homemade Pho.

Exotic seafood in Korean dishes is very delish... Refreshing grilled chicken gyros with fresh made tzaziki sauce cant be beat.

If you are looking for variety, give www.recipesource.com a shot.... Pick a country, any country and they got it!
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    I frequently get bored with same ol same ol. I came across a recipe for a chicken black bean casserole I'm going to try this weekend.

It serves 4

2 tablespoons butter (I do my frying in grapeseed oil or EVOO I prefer grapeseed because it has a lighter flavor)
    1 medium onion, sliced
    2 chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
    1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
    1 (8 ounce) package black beans, cooked and drained
    2 ounces green chile peppers, diced
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1/2 cup uncooked white rice (I'm using brown we don't eat white grains)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and cook until soft and translucent. Stir in chicken; cook until golden on all sides. Pour onions and chicken into a casserole dish. Stir in tomatoes, black beans, chile peppers, cilantro, cumin, and rice.
    Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.

DETAILED NUTRITION (This is with the white rice and butter)

Serving Size 1/4 of a recipe
    Servings Per Recipe 4
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 452
    Calories from Fat 83

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 9.2g 14 %
    Saturated Fat 4.5g 22 %
    Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
    Sodium 329mg 13 %
    Potassium 1322mg 37 %
    Total Carbohydrates 65.2g 21 %
    Dietary Fiber 10.8g 43 %
    Protein 28.9g 58 %
    Sugars 7.1g
    Vitamin A 13 %
    Vitamin C 76 %
    Calcium 18 %
    Iron 70 %
    Thiamin 75 %
    Niacin 112 %
    Vitamin B6 34 %
    Magnesium 50 %
    Folate 177 %
  • CocoMan12
    CocoMan12 Posts: 3 Member
    This is my first time ever counting calories and it has taught me to become very creative in my meal creation. Ive really enjoyedbthe following meals:

300 calorie pizza - make in 5 minutes with flat pita bread.
    Creole beans w/ ground turkey, seasoned to taste.
    Adding certain seasonings like taco seasonings and a few others can add good flavor to meals involving ground turkey.
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    This is my first time ever counting calories and it has taught me to become very creative in my meal creation. Ive really enjoyedbthe following meals:

300 calorie pizza - make in 5 minutes with flat pita bread.
    Creole beans w/ ground turkey, seasoned to taste.
    Adding certain seasonings like taco seasonings and a few others can add good flavor to meals involving ground turkey.

That 97/3 ground turkey is a life saver for calorie counting. If you put it in chilli or some type of casserole you really don't notice its turkey.
  • Got this from the cooking light website. Tried this earlier this week! It was great!

Mustard Maple Pork Tenderloin
    4 servings

Active Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes

» INGREDIENTS
    3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage

PREPARATION
    Preheat oven to 425°F.
    Combine 1 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl; rub all over pork. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°F, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
    Place the skillet over medium-high heat (take care, the handle will still be hot), add vinegar, and boil, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, about 30 seconds. Whisk in maple syrup and the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard; bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
    Slice the pork. Add any accumulated juices to the sauce along with sage. Serve the pork topped with the sauce.
    NUTRITION
    Per serving: 225 calories; 7 g fat ( 2 g sat , 3 g mono ); 78 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 0 g fiber; 479 mg sodium; 489 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Zinc (21% dv).

Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2

Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    I've been stuck on veggie quesodilla taco thingys. It takes some time, but most of the time is just waiting for the veggies to roast.

1. preheat oven to 475
    2. chop up a bunch of veggies - I like broccoli, onion, pablano peppers, mushrooms, black beans, and potatoes. Put veggies in casserole dish and toss in olive oil, season if you like
    3. pop into oven for 40-50 minutes
    4. heat a pan on the stove. add a flour tortilla until it heats up. flip it. wait for the thing to puff up just a little and add some cheese.
    5. add the veggies and fold tortilla in half.
    6. after cheese is melty, flip and let it toast on the other side.
    7. do it with more tortillas until you reach the desired servings
    8. serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or your choice of dipping goodness.
    9. excess ingredients could be save to make a quick quesodilla all week long.

I hope you like.
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    I love this recipe. Makes a big batch and you can freeze a few servings and pull it out on a night you dont want to cook or need a quick lunch!
    Calories 255 Carbs 26 Fat 6 Protein 24
    Chicken and Veggie SoupServes 6 (about 1 ½ cups per serving)INGREDIENTS
    1 lb Chicken Breast, 1 lb
    Black Beans, 1 Canned, 390 g
    Diced Tomatoes Basil, Garlic, & Oregano - Can Tomatoes, 1 Cup
    Corn - Sweet, yellow, canned, whole kernel, drained solids, 1 cup
    Oil - Olive, 2 tablespoon
    Organic Free Range Chicken Broth, 4 Cup (8 fl.oz.) 240 mL
    Onions - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Carrots - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Celery - Raw, 1 cup chopped
    Garlic - Raw, 3 cloves
    Spinach - Raw, 2 cup
    Salt and pepper to taste. I also added a little chipotle powder for a kick!
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    I am completely obssessed with mashed cauliflower lately! It is delicious. I just mash it in the food processor and put garlic salt and a little butter. It is so yummy. I usually make that with a sweet potato, cut up in the oven with a little cinnamon. Also chicken with garlic, soy sauce and cilantro, so good and so easy!
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    I am completely obssessed with mashed cauliflower lately! It is delicious. I just mash it in the food processor and put garlic salt and a little butter. It is so yummy. I usually make that with a sweet potato, cut up in the oven with a little cinnamon. Also chicken with garlic, soy sauce and cilantro, so good and so easy!

I've been looking for something to do with my new food processor. This sounds easy and healthy and tasty. Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu