"QUOTES"

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Hear the meaning within the word.
    William Shakespeare
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    "A lot of people think crime is a bad thing, but it all depends on how you pick your role models. I lean toward Governors, Bankers, Athletes, and Sith Lords." ~ Wally from Dilbert.

"People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want it to be true, or they're afraid it's true." ~Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

"Madness waits for some," Lews Therin whispered. "It creeps up on others."
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    Love it!
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    "Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think" -- de La Bruyere
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    "Hatred and conflict are often rooted in differences between people of different races and religions. We all need to respect people of different races as well as people of different faiths and religions. We need to unite by recognizing our common desire and need for a harmonious society -- a society in which we and our children and families and friends and communities can all live our lives in peace and harmony. Regardless of our race or religion, we all want and need such social harmony."
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill.
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
    Marcus Aurelius

"I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about."
    H. P. Lovecraft

"Stubborn and ardent clinging to one's opinion is the best proof of stupidity."
    Michel de Montaigne

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy."
    Dory
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy."
    Dory

*like*
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

That's one of my faves. I also quite like "I never hated a man enough to give him back his diamonds" ZsaZsa Gabor!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help - Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes comic strip)
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different outcome (or something like that)
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    "Wise is the man who contents himself with the spectacle of the world.” -Ricardo Reis a.k.a. Fernando Pesoa
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    ‎"What is to give light must endure burning." ~ Viktor Frankl
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.” ― Marilyn Monroe

Loved that...
    On a lighter note, I wonder thats why, Girls have to shop of so many shoes to find that "RIGHT" one. :laugh:
    :laugh: I still haven't found the "right" shoe yet, and I'll probably be looking for it forever!
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    "To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To so this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Never tell people your problems. Eighty percent don't care, and the other twenty percent are glad you have them."

- Lou Holtz
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    "Brown plus yellow equals ten" - my mother.

When she learned numbers on flashcards the brown was 8 and the yellow was 2 and she equated the numbers on each card with the color for a long time.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    I love quotes.................inspiring, challenging, fun, whatever.

And I'd have to say my favorites are those by Mark Twain :glasses:
    So, here are a few:

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.