Getting rid of the "Bat Wings"...Help???

Options
suzu_2
suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
I've lost about 40 pounds and I have been working out and toning up since the start. My biceps and triceps are getting much firmer, but I still have that awful jiggly "Bat Wing" when I raise my arms....Help??? Anyone have a silver bullet for this problem area?

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce, I've lost 115lbs and I still have bat wings, they aren't nearly as bad but they are still there. Cardio is the best thing really for fat of any kind. I also throw in back exercises like bench dips, squat presses where I do the squat, it works out the lower back and legs area, and the press I do it with 3lb dumb bells bring them out when I'm squatted, and then raise them back and squeeze my shoulders together, this way it works out my entire back.

Also some yoga I do that targets the back area. I do these every day http://www.fitsugar.com/Yoga-Poses-Get-Rid-Back-Fat-22913100
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks much!
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    I would continue to work your biceps and triceps. Although you can't spot reduce, the more muscle you have in that area, the easier it would be to lose the fat surrounding it. Maybe bump up your upper body exercises and more cardio wouldn't hurt either. Good luck!
  • ShirleyFed5
    ShirleyFed5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tricep dips really help. They are killer, but they do the job.
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a big change in the amount of jiggling as I have increased tricep and bicep work with weights. It took about 4 months of work before I noticed a big enough difference to wear tank tops comfortably. I regularly do curls, overhead presses, kickbacks, dips. The only cardio I do is brisk walking 2-3 times a week. I work with weights twice weekly .