'bad foods' that turns out being not so bad on MFP database.

Options
I had always forgo pate (even though I LOVE it) and have hummus instead because I thought pate is more unhealthy and fattening (espcially since it has a layer of butter on top!). I did a search on the MFP database for fun and turns out they are roughly the same in calorie content but pate is lower in carbs and higher in protein then hummus.
Anyone else have similar stories to this?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    PS: you can eat anything at a deficit and lose weight.
    Pate, hummus, McDonalds cheeseburgers, twinkies and HoHos.
  • sawadoll
    sawadoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know but growing up, pate has always been considered bad and hummus will be more better because it is less 'fattening'. It is earth shattering for me to discover it isn'r completely true.
    Also Dan, I just had a quick look at your diary. Why do you eat breakfast so late? Do you wake up late or do you just not eat for the first few hours of waking up?
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    PS: you can eat anything at a deficit and lose weight.
    Pate, hummus, McDonalds cheeseburgers, twinkies and HoHos.

Funny you brought up Twinkies and HoHos. I remember reading an article where a college professor did a "Twinkie Diet" and ate only Twinkies, HoHos, Chips, etc. a day but had 1200 calories intake. He dropped weight like crazy. So I guess it really doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you have a deficiency. The issue with this is that you will gain it all back once you start eating more calories and you're obviously not getting the nutrients you need. Just thought it was interesting and cared to share =)