My first NSV....

Options
tara_seay
tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
I started MFP 3, almost 4 weeks ago. I was 318lbs, and while I've only lost 11lbs, I had my first NSV tonight.

I have slowly been trying to build up my endurance when doing cardio. At first, I was only able to do about 3-5 minutes of zumba, jumping jacks, etc....

Then I began walking for 15 minutes on the treadmill...Then, I moved on the stationary bike..the first night I was only able to do 5 minutes...

Tonight, I did 60 straight minutes at a 16 mph, "rode" 14.5 miles, and burned almost 1400 calories.

I feel so empowered.

Replies

• ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That is awesome to have that kind of improvement in just a few weeks - just think what you can do in a few months!
  • aswinter
    aswinter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    congrats that's so awesome!! I need more inspiration for my workouts and weight loss
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    thank you thank you!

It's surprising how far you can go if you just push through...
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Girl, that is so freaking cool! I know how hard it is! Keep it up, babe!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing, Tara! Keep up the good work!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    wow thats so awesome !
  • brooke_young08
    Options
    NSVs are always exciting, and sometimes more so than wight loss. By the way, 11 lbs in that short a time is AMAZING!!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    *standing ovation!*

That's such awesome progress. You're going to melt those pounds off
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It's funny how we put limitations on ourself before we even begin.....sometimes let your body work it out!
  • annlouise2
    Options
    11lbs in 3-4 weeks is a brilliant achievement! well done! Keep at it xx
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    Great job! I had a very similar experience so I know how great you are feeling right now. Congrats! Keep that momentum going and just think where you'll be next year at this time!!!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome, but I would like to add 11 pounds in 3 to 4 weeks is amazing and you should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • shone88
    shone88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! well done!
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    Great work. another success story in the making, I can feel it..
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Great friggin job! Seriously! I started out at 243 pounds...232 when I started this site but I was the same way. Could only do like 5 minutes on ANYTHING! then worked my way up to 60 and I can even do more then that now if I wanted! It is one of the most amazing feelings! CONGRATS TO YOU!!! just remember not to push to hard...you want to slowly work into higher amounts so you don't burn yourself out :) Good luck with your journey hun!!
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    great job! keep pushing yourself its amazing what you can show yourself that you can do!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. 11 pounds is a respectable loss for that short time. It is amazing how fast you are getting into cardio shape.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    First of all, 11 pounds is terrific!!!! I remember starting out and my brain constantly telling me to stop. Eventually I started asking myself why? I am not in pain, I am still breathing, everything works - why stop? Keep pushing and keep up the fantastic work!!!!!!!!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That's really amazing. Good for you!
    I never ever in my life did serious cardio exercise before I started this journey. I'd see people running and whatever and always felt like... why can they do this when it is so PAINFUL and MISERABLE for me? My hubby told me something once, when I was complaining about how hard it was for me, which really was a huge eye-opener for me. He said "it's supposed to be awful"... or something like that. I always thought people who exercise a lot found it easy, but I guess it's not supposed to be... it's just how quickly you recover from it that gets better and better. Maybe everyone knows this but for me it was like... a huge light going on.
    Keep it up.
    I've been at this over a year. It's still pretty awful for me when I'm sweating my *kitten* off but... I'm a lot better. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!