Water does make a difference

Options
I am one of those that weighs everyday but I only record on here once a week. Anyways yesterday I didn't drink enough water. I woke up this morning and felt bloated and just blah. Stepped on the scale and it was 1.5lbs heavier than yesterday! So for those who ask if water really makes a difference yes it does. Oh and obviously I know I didn't actually gain that weight, I know its just water retention. :)

Replies

• Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Our body weight changes daily, so you being heavier one day doesn't really mean anything.

Of course it is healthy to drink plenty of water, but not having "enough" isn't the reason you were 1.5lb heavier.
  • Kazenouta
    Options
    Yeah, water makes a huge difference. Just don't drink too much :-)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i got my body used to a lot of water so much that on the days when i don't drink enough (i drink 3 liters a day, so when i drink like 1 liter) i get soooo thirsty that i can have 4 glasses of water in 2 minutes.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Also, you can drink all the water in the world (or not) but consume way too much sodium and you will retain water. And like someone else said, that may not be the reason. I didnt drink nearly as much water yesterday as I normally would (only 40 oz) and the scale showed an 0.8 lb difference (loss) since yesterday. I agree water is great for you but lack of it one day isn't always a result of a gain.
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    The best part about drinking lots of water for me is my skin is so much softer than it used to be.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am trying to keep up the 8 glasses a day of water and, because it is new to me, I feel bloated and feel I gained weight. I weigh everyday, but I KNOW it is better for me to drink the water! If I keep it up, I hope it will become like many of you that posted-a good habit that I like!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I am one of those that weighs everyday but I only record on here once a week. Anyways yesterday I didn't drink enough water. I woke up this morning and felt bloated and just blah. Stepped on the scale and it was 1.5lbs heavier than yesterday! So for those who ask if water really makes a difference yes it does. Oh and obviously I know I didn't actually gain that weight, I know its just water retention. :)

I totally agree with you. I too weigh everyday and only log it once a week. If I don't drink enough water I gain the next day and as soon as I drink plenty of water it goes away....I consider it washing away the fat:wink:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    That's not really how it works, but ok.