Upping cals for a few days

Options
Hiya guys,
Just a little bit of help if you can!
I'm currently on 1240 cals per day and have lost a stone (yay) but can't seem to get rid of the last 4lbs until my first goal. People have said upping calorie intake for a few days and then drop it back down to kickstart it - but I'm not sure by how much should I up it and for how long?
If anyone could give me a little bit of advice that would be great!
Thanks guys

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on 1240 cals per day and have lost a stone (yay) but can't seem to get rid of the last 4lbs until my first goal. People have said upping calorie intake for a few days and then drop it back down to kickstart it - but I'm not sure by how much should I up it and for how long?

A couple of days at maintenance perhaps - try 2000. If it's out a couple of hundred the amount of fat involved will be small.
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't really see how increasing your calorie intake will do anything.

Personally, I would just try and fit some cardio in.
  • kats0208
    kats0208 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Apparently it kickstarts your metabolism because staying so low kids your body into thinking it's starving (or something like that) so upping it starts your metabolism working properly again.

I do walk a lot per day and walk my dog and stuff, I don't always log it so I won't eat into it!
  • kats0208
    kats0208 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

A couple of days at maintenance perhaps - try 2000. If it's out a couple of hundred the amount of fat involved will be small.

Cool thanks, will try that :)
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Apparently it kickstarts your metabolism because staying so low kids your body into thinking it's starving (or something like that) so upping it starts your metabolism working properly again.

I do walk a lot per day and walk my dog and stuff, I don't always log it so I won't eat into it!

Stick to your diet, it will come off eventually. Starvation mode is a load of poop.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I was on a plateau for 3 months! I read about eat more to lose weight,tried it and started losing again right away. :happy: I have about 15 more to lose now. It is coming off very slowly but it is coming off.

BTW: I am VERY active. I'm training for a half marathon and also circuit train. I really needed all those extra calories. I upped it about 300 to 400 a day.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Read Dan's post, follow his instructions and you will lose the weight.

It works, I am eating more and the weight is coming, I didn't believe it either. I wish I learned this stuff 20 years ago.

Yeah Dan is a cocky guy, but he seems to know his stuff. Try it.

:wink: