I'm new! But luckily I'm awesome.

Options
I'll stop being obnoxious now.

I'm Suzanne, librarian and writer and big ol gaming nerd. I'm also a fatty at 100kg (220lb) and 5'6 high, and at 28 I'm rather aware that the later I leave it the harder it gets. My doctor tells me that for my height, realistically, I should be 70kgs (154lb) so that's where I'm aiming.

I'm a comfort eater and chocolate and coke are my downfalls. I'm low blood pressured and cannot run, white as snow and cannot venture outside between 10 and 4, and arthritic and cannot do push ups. Currently doing two 1hour gym sessions a week and a half hour brisk walk on the other days. Would love some advice from anyone who despises exercise like I do, and weeps at the prospect of really healthy meals in balanced portions.

Oh, and I'm Australian. Not sure why that's relevant, beyond clarifying what I mean if I say thongs or fairy floss.

HAI TEAM!

Replies

• babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lol, hi there! Welcome to MFP! We have a few things in common...I too, am 5'6", and I too...am awesome! ;)

I'm always looking for people to help keep me motivated and to help motivate, and to laugh along the way.

Congrats on your start here, feel free to add me!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    lol great thread title.

that's all i had to say because i'm not that awesome.

good luck on your goals :sad:
  • roxedy
    roxedy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are indeed awesome! I'm new here too, feel free to add me. Good luck with your adventure.
  • azwethinkweizm
    azwethinkweizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Your title made me laugh :happy:

I'm also 5ft 6 and a gamer nerd!! I started at 198lbs and I've gotten down to 149.5lbs so far - it's taken me ages though. Slowly and surely. I'm not a lover of exercise either - cringe at the thought BUT since getting rid of most of the weight, I started jogging and progressed nicely. Very strange for me.

Thongs? Do aussies call flip-flops thongs? What the heck is fairy floss lol :tongue:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    WOO! I am pretty awesome too! Welcome welcome! I'm 5'6" also! Look at all these awesome people being the same height... :bigsmile:
  • StinaMaja
    Options
    HI, I am new here too and from the other "end" of the world, being from Iceland. And I am awesome too ;)

My troubles with food are exactly the same as yours. Maybe we can keep each other in check :)
    Feel free to add me :)

Good luck with your conquest :)
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Hoping you add me, cause you're funny as hell and gamer nerds gotta stick together. We have lots in common. I too am pale and hate exercise. I'm not nearly as awesome as I used to be...I have kids. Now I'm just old and frayed and the kids are the awesome ones. But what I lack in awesome I make up for in...um...sigh.
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I'm also 5ft 6 and a gamer nerd!! I started at 198lbs and I've gotten down to 149.5lbs so far - it's taken me ages though. Slowly and surely. I'm not a lover of exercise either - cringe at the thought BUT since getting rid of most of the weight, I started jogging and progressed nicely. Very strange for me.

Thongs? Do aussies call flip-flops thongs? What the heck is fairy floss lol :tongue:

fairy floss = cotton candy! think the brits call it FF too...
  • KTlew54
    KTlew54 Posts: 23
    Options
    White, nerdy, with a cake weakness? I'm your girl. *high five* I too am just starting this weight loss adventure (althought not by any means for the first time) and would love to offer you all the nerdy support you need. Feel free to add me.
  • jlilangel
    Options
    Hey! I'm back on here after a hiatus, but yes, I am awesome too! You're off to a great start. Yeah, sometimes exercise sucks, but think of how great you feel after doing it! You can't do push-ups? Start with one every day then work your way up. You'll be amazed that if you push yourself to get it done, it'll make your day a whole lot better. Work hard and set your goals! You can reach them!
  • jlilangel
    Options
    Hey! I'm back on here after a hiatus, but yes, I am awesome too! You're off to a great start. Yeah, sometimes exercise sucks, but think of how great you feel after doing it! You can do push-ups? Start with one every day then work your way up. You'll be amazed that if you push yourself to get it done, it'll make your day a whole lot better. Work hard and set your goals! You can reach them!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'll stop being obnoxious now.

I'm Suzanne, librarian and writer and big ol gaming nerd. I'm also a fatty at 100kg (220lb) and 5'6 high, and at 28 I'm rather aware that the later I leave it the harder it gets. My doctor tells me that for my height, realistically, I should be 70kgs (154lb) so that's where I'm aiming.

I'm a comfort eater and chocolate and coke are my downfalls. I'm low blood pressured and cannot run, white as snow and cannot venture outside between 10 and 4, and arthritic and cannot do push ups. Currently doing two 1hour gym sessions a week and a half hour brisk walk on the other days. Would love some advice from anyone who despises exercise like I do, and weeps at the prospect of really healthy meals in balanced portions.

Oh, and I'm Australian. Not sure why that's relevant, beyond clarifying what I mean if I say thongs or fairy floss.

HAI TEAM!

Hi :) I'm Australian too. I am 29 yrs old, about 160cm tall and 109kg. I am also very white lol
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Best news I've had all day...I love awesome people, at 5'6 and 192lbs I also need to lose a load of weight...exercise gets easier and healthy food gets better too:) Feel free to add me!
  • azwethinkweizm
    azwethinkweizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Aaaah ok. We call it cotton candy or candly floss here in Ireland. Fairy floss lol...
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options

Candy floss here in England.

I'm also not too fond of exercise, but I'm doing the 30-day shred in the hopes of losing some fat and gaining some muscle.

I didn't know low blood pressure affected running. I also have low blood pressure and I've always found running very difficult. Didn't even occur to me there was a link.
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello awesome person! Welcome to MFP!

I am also 5'6" though I weigh a little more than you. I'll be 28 in a matter of a few months and am a bit of a gamer myself. I burn if I so much as look out a window. :ohwell:

I guess what I'm saying is, it sounds like we have a lot in common! It would be great to both offer you some support!
  • SuMom2
    SuMom2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new, awesome and 5'6" as well. At 275 I have a LONG way to go. My thing is not about the weight loss, it's about the mental changes to make food not so important. That's where I am heading. Add me if you want!
  • lidiflyful
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but not new to weightloss! I've been on an off diets now for a good part of 12 years! (OMG is it that long??)

Unfortunatly I am just one of those who has to keep an eye on her weight, and the sooner I realise that I will have to do it FOREVER, the better!

Thats why I'm here.

I will agree, when I first took up healthy eating (and the thousands of times I've re-taken up healthy eating) I have wanted to weep. But you will find that after a while you stop craving the creamer, sweeter, fattier foods that you are used to and your taste palate will become more simple. It gets EASIER trust me! If it didn't you wouldn't see so many success stories floating around this website!

Its hard I'm not going to lie, but after all that effort and the day comes when someone says to you ''Oh wow, you look great! have you lost weight!?''

That feels better than any cheeseburger or ice cream sundae that you'll ever have.

And don't forget to treat yourself! Just because your dieting (for lack of a better word) doesn't mean you can't have the occasional naughty treat when your've been exceptionally good, whatever that treat may be!

Just remember, without the bitter...the sweet just i'snt as sweet!
  • lsherrill1965
    Options
    hello all i am new also
    i joined last night after a good friend told me about this site.. she has lost 105 # in 17 months all on her own so proud of her

for me i lost 31 # last year on a diet called metabolic research
    i have gained 12 #
    i am now 157 and 5'4
    my goal weight is 140 ( i did make it to 141 while on the plan at one time)

the problem is i did not make it a lifestyle change the " diet" was not realistic for a life time
    i was deprived of my favorite foods and i didnt feel i got enough to eat i was hungry all the time yet i did make it to my goal weight at that time was 145
    so i have set the standards higher and i am trying to look at it as a lifestyle change
    i am going to try to add more protein to my diet and make sure i eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day
    i hope i find alot of menu ideas and snack ideas on this site!!

i condiser myself to be a work out aholic i guess i am doing the same work out over and over and possibly can get some tips on that from this site as well

good luck to us all nice to meet everyone

we can do this :) anyone that wants to can add me as a friend i am just trying to figure this all out
  • jbriscoe9480
    jbriscoe9480 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOL I love the title. Feel free to add me! Im new at this as well