ground chicken what to make with it?

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
i bought some ground chicken but i have no idea what to make with it? can anyone give me some suggestion...

Replies

• cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have not made these yet but they look amazing! Chili Lime Chicken Burgers

http://iowagirleats.com/2012/03/28/homemade-trader-joes-chili-lime-chicken-burgers/
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
  • lanalup
    lanalup Posts: 1
    Options
    Season it with taco seasoning for a yummy taco salad :)
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

^This.
    Will have that tonight for dinner with shredded chicken *yummy*
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    anything that you use to make beef with, tacos, lasagna, burgers, chili, meat sauce etc...
  • lin7604
    Options
    thanks everyone, great ideas.... keep them coming!
  • kmbrac928
    Options
    Tacos, meatballs, meatloaf, spaghetti sauce, chili, I like it in things that have lots of low cal added flavor
  • lin7604
    Options
    hummm meatballs.... never even thought of that.... i bought it so i can disguise it and hopefully hubby won't know and will like it and want it more. he's so a meat and potatoes guy!
  • jealous_loser
    Options

^This.
    Will have that tonight for dinner with shredded chicken *yummy*

I was going to say the same thing! Scramble cook it, drain if needed, add some chili powder and some salsa and PRESTO! Put it on top of greens and veggies (peppers, corn, beans...) and a few multigrain chips, OM NOM. Love it.
  • cathy1678
    Options
    u can make just about anything with ground chicken that u would make with beef..ive gotten my picky kids to eat it now..i make some sauteed peppers onions cook alil then add ground chicken let it all cook then at the end i add some terriaki sauce,let all the flavors combine..i make brown rice with it :smile:
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I make buffalo chicken burgers with it. I finely dice onions and celery, mix that with one egg, about 1/4 c of panko breadcrumbs (to keep it together), 1 lb ground chicken, and Frank's buffalo wing sauce to taste. Cook 'em up, top with a bit of crumbled blue cheese and lettuce, more hot sauce if desired... (edited to add: salt & pepper to taste)

NOMS.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Love ground chicken! I use it for enchiladas, chili, burgers, meatballs, taco's. Just think of how you use ground beef and do the same thing
  • lin7604
    Options
    well hopefully everyone will adjust to the switch and like it ;)
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I make chicken parm meatloaf...use an unmeasured variety of Italian spices... fresh basil, oregano, minced onion, salt pepper, etc
    2 lbs ground chicken
    2 eggs
    bread crumbs
    milk
    mix all together and put large piece of foil on cooking sheet, spray with cooking spray
    flatten mixture out
    sprinkle mozz cheese on the flattened mixture
    using end of foil roll into a loaf and secure ends\
    use some prego heart smart sauce on top
    sprinkle small amt. cheese on top
    bake at 350 for one hour

My kids love this and it's so low in cal. and healthy YUMM!
  • lin7604
    Options
    ohhh sounds good....
  • alisonlk
    alisonlk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used ground turkey last week to make a stir-fry - I'm sure you could easily use ground chicken, too! Sauteed ground meat w/ a little bit of oil, mixed in some tofu, stir-fry sauce from Trader Joe's, veggies, and voila!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I make spaghetti sauce with ground chicken. I usually start with a jarred sauce and add the chicken, sauteed onions and petite diced tomatoes. My kids actually prefer this to a sauce made with beef or italian sausage.
  • mjsylva
    mjsylva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps! brown it up ( just like ground beef) and red onions, tomatotoes, any peppers. this a great specially on a hot day:smile:
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    chicken pot pie. chicken stew. stuff it in a veggie like eggplant or bell pepper. makes marinara sauce...it's pretty versatile.