I can do this, WE can do this!

Options
Hi! I am Margaret, and totally new to this site. I live in Philadelphia, PA (=

I am a 35 year old girl with 3 thin Sisters. I love them to death, and I am not jealous of them but definitely envy their adorable clothes. I am tired of being the 'heavy' Sister. I am currently 5'7 and weighed myself for the first time in years the other day. I was shocked to see the number 230 on my scale. I knew I had gained weight but I swear I was in denial. Seeing that number woke me up . I knew I had to do something, I am tired of being sad, and feeling bad about myself. I know I can't live like this anymore!

I am a Secretary and spend most of my day sitting. My plan is to follow Weight Watchers and add exercise into my daily routine, even if it is taking a 30 minute walk on my lunch break. I am also in search of a Gym buddy, because I know I will not go myself. One of the problems I have is not eating enough. I would go all day without eating and then eat one big meal. I am trying to eat several times a day now. Another is eating this big meal and then sitting on my butt all night and watching TV or playing around on the computer.

I have been on this diet for 3 days, and so far so good. I am looking for other people for support and also to motivate.

I plan to weigh myself once a week on Monday.

My goal weight is 150lbs.

Please add me, I love people and making friends -- the more the merrier! <3

Replies

• ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • oregongal77
    Options
    Sounds like we have alot in common. I am 35 too and have a desk job. I weighed myself this week and was shocked. The time has come where this bad cycle has to stop and good positive changes need to be made. I am new to this site after hearing about it on Mama Laughlin Fit Camp facebook group. www.mamalaughlin.com has helped inspire me. My plan is to eat the 1200 calories a day and try to get in an hour a day workout, 6 days a week. I know its not going to be easy but I am up for the challenge and ready to make the change.

I have about 93 pounds to lose to reach my goal, and I also started the Couch to 5 K Program yesterday.
  • adeluna76
    adeluna76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you. I am 36. I am trying to lose 60-70 pounds. My wieght just crept up on me. It was a shock to me as well.
  • Maraliciousxo
    Options
    Thanks for adding me <3 I think joining this site has been the best thing I could ever do for myself.

I walked for a half hour at lunch today and was proud of myself, not for the walking but because IT WAS SO HOT. haha. I can't wait for the fall. Today I am going to walk after work to meet my Mom which is about 10 of what they call "city blocks" because there are 2 little streets between every 'block' Either way, I have been in such a better mood today and I feel hopeful and motivated.

I plan to log in everyday and be here for you guys. If I figure out something that tastes awesome, I'll post up the recipe! My Mom has this really amazing recipe for this dessert for weight watchers that I have to find. its low cal/fat and is really yummy.
  • adeluna76
    adeluna76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your walk! I hear you on the heat. My boys and I walk to the bus stop every morning, it's a mile away, and I jog/run it back home. Even at 7:20 A.M It's soo hot here. I figure living in South Texas if I wait until it cools down, I'll never get moving. =)
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! Feel free to add me. I am shooting for 150 for the time being as well. We can do this!!! :)
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    Hi there!! Welcome to MFP! I am right there with ya! I sit all day long and I feel like my butt grows bigger with every hour LOL :( I'm 40 years old and the weight is so hard to get off but this side and motivating friends help a lot! I always welcome more friends and feel free to add me if you'd like! I wish you much success and remember, the first step is being here and you've already done that! :):)
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    We can do this and we will! :happy: Feel free to add me! Love to give support whenever and however I can!
  • natwillsmom
    Options
    Nice to meet you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I also have the thin sibling "bane" if you will. My sister and brother are both smaller than me. I am 32 and a teacher. I move a lot at school but I am so exhausted when I get home that I just sit. Best of luck to you. I know you can do it if you set your mind to it.
  • roxedy
    roxedy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! I'm new to this site as well and have recently decided no more excuses, I WILL regularly fit exercise into my day. Feel free to add me. :smile: