Keeping track of race results

Options
I'm starting to get into races (5k, 10k, triathlon coming up) and would like a nice way to track my race results. Ranking, time, distance, etc.

Anyone know of an app (preferably Android) that does this inherently? I guess I could create a spreadsheet but was hoping there might be a fun app for keeping my race results already.

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    check out athlinks - most (many?) races upload their result there

http://athlinks.com/racer/results/35543525
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I log mine on runtastic or endomondo. You can sync you actual work out or do a manual entry.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+ running. FOR EVERYTHING!!!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Cool, I like Athlinks! I do have a running app (Sports-Tracker) and I log workouts to it, but I'd like to see my race results in one place rather than just looking at them as a workout
  • jmilitante
    Options
    Thanks for the website. This works great!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    For tracking ally my daily runs, I use the free log at runningahead.com
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Ooh, and apparently Athlinks partnered with MapMyFITNESS so you can see race results if you use the MMF app!
  • secretlobster
    Options
    I'm really liking Athlinks. Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for!!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I just started using this one the other day. I like that it talks to my Garmin. I also dig the capability to label the different types of runs and track mileage on my shoes.

I also use Athlinks. I like them both.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options

Ditto. Best log out there as far as I am concerned.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    I'm really liking Athlinks. Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for!!

The drawback with Athlinks is that they don't always pickup the results from some of the smaller, local races. You can add them as unofficial results, I think. I like a little more control over my logging than Athlinks provides as well. On RunningAhead, I can keep track of everything. If a run is a race, I log it as such and it tracks PR's for you based on the race distance. It's a fantastic tool.
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Is runningahead what you use for normal daily runs? Races? Both? Does it have the ability to store triathlon stats?
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    Is runningahead what you use for normal daily runs? Races? Both? Does it have the ability to store triathlon stats?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. :)

It does running, cycling and swimming right out of the box and you can add your own activities too.

ETA: Feel free to poke around my log.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/f395f426a792443989cc9b545ae45445
  • secretlobster
    Options

Sir this is a family-oriented site

But thanks, I will :)

Edit: I'm in awe, you are a serious runner. Awesome!
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

Sir this is a family-oriented site

But thanks, I will :)

Edit: I'm in awe, you are a serious runner. Awesome!

I have NO idea what you are implying. :laugh:
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not seeing the ability to look at a workout as a race (with rankings for overall, division etc) or a triathlon... I can only enter a workout as either a bike, run, or swim separately

Edit: never mind I found the race rankings, and was able to add triathlon as a new event. Cool that you can create intervals for each workout so I can have separate swim/bike/run intervals in one. Nice!
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not seeing the ability to look at a workout as a race (with rankings for overall, division etc) or a triathlon... I can only enter a workout as either a bike, run, or swim separately

Edit: never mind I found the race rankings, and was able to add triathlon as a new event. Cool that you can create intervals for each workout so I can have separate swim/bike/run intervals in one. Nice!

It's powerful. The reporting is really good too. You can create custom graphs to put on your home page and really narrow down your searches by minute criteria and there are some good display grouping options. I've been using it for quite a while. Runner's World actually bought a copy of this software from the developer to use on their site. They don't get the updates though and he is very active in improving the site and adding features. Plus, you can make a small donation and get no ads for a year. Well worth it.
  • secretlobster
    Options
    That's cool. I like that you can import data from a pretty wide variety of sources. Maybe he will come out with an app? :)
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    That's cool. I like that you can import data from a pretty wide variety of sources. Maybe he will come out with an app? :)

Reportedly he is working on one for iOS and Android.
  • eva78
    eva78 Posts: 16
    Options
    I've tried alot of apps and the only one that has never failed me is endomondo. I've used the free app for a year now and loved it so much that I decided to buy the pro app. Not much difference so I'd absolutely reccommend the free app. I use it for running, cycling, walking and hiking. You can follow all your workouts on endomondo.com.