favorite workout music....?

Options
Hey guys, gettting a little tired of what's on my Ipod and wondering what gets everyone up and out the door in the mornings? Gracias!

Replies

• Monkeymomma05
    Options
    Bump for future reference!
  • Dionysus35
    Options
    Trance/Electronica podcasts. Above and Beyond, Gareth Emery, Matt Lange, Jody Wisternoff, Deadmau5

Dub music too. Bassnectar, Calvin Harris, etc..
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Current gym music is nine inch nails, skunk anansie and soundgarden. I have a thing for 90s alternative, but anything abrasive will do :)
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of electronic dance music, house, and trance. Some of my favorites are Avicii, Skrillex, and Martin Solveig. I mainly focus on strength training and do cardio sparingly. Maybe I should be like the other gym rats / meatheads and listen to Pantera or something. I think that increases strength output. :laugh:
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is Verve's 'Bittersweet Symphony'. Or 'Wonderwall' by Oasis.

I'm obviously not a fan of the hard pounding tunes.
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Trance/Electronica podcasts. Above and Beyond, Gareth Emery, Matt Lange, Jody Wisternoff, Deadmau5

^^^ This. :happy:
  • MissKris620
    MissKris620 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When doing cardio, I listen to upbeat music - techno, house, top 40 pop such as David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Rihanna, Benny Benassi...

When I go to the gym to do weights, i listen to heavy metal music like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine....

I keep it a good mix. :) Gotta get that adrenaline pumping! :)
  • beckster2223
    beckster2223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jog FM is an awesome website/app that will give you playists for Running, walking and just about any workout routine. I put in there how fast I want to run my mile and it gave me a ton of songs that would keep me on pace.

Now I am set for my 5K tomorrow morning!
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    Jog FM is an awesome website/app that will give you playists for Running, walking and just about any workout routine. I put in there how fast I want to run my mile and it gave me a ton of songs that would keep me on pace.

Now I am set for my 5K tomorrow morning!

So checking that out! Thank you!!
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a style skater (As in the movie "Roll Bounce" with Bow Wow? LOL As a matter of fact, I skate with all the people who were stunt doubles and extras in that movie.) I travel all over the country to attend skate events, and the skate DJ's all sell mixed CDs. I have at least 10 different skate playlists on my iPhone.

FYI: There's a certain finesse to "skate" music. It's a mix of Neo Soul, R&B, Rap, and House. There's a certain momentum in skate music that only skate DJs are in tune to...there's NOTHING like it! It's perfect for workout music because it starts out with a neo-soul pace and works up to House music and transitions into certain kinds of Rap. There's no hard-core rap--can't STAND that!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    When doing cardio, I listen to upbeat music - techno, house, top 40 pop such as David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Rihanna, Benny Benassi...

When I go to the gym to do weights, i listen to heavy metal music like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine....

I keep it a good mix. :) Gotta get that adrenaline pumping! :)

Always metal, but actual heavy stuff, not pop like Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet for My Valentine.

Gotta be Trivium, All That Remains, Atreyu....
  • claw0416
    claw0416 Posts: 95
    Options
    Hjow funny, I just wrote a blog on my playlist.. I am a few years older than you, but my playlist is more old school hip hop, like Sir Mix-A-lot, and stuff like that, for some reason the old school 90-early 00 gets me moving..I do mix it up with newer stuff, but I like the beat and bounce the old stuff has. When I really want to push myself, I go hard rock/heavy metal- Three Days grace, Seether, Godsmack, Disturbed, SlipKnot, things like that I add into the end of my workout to put that final touch on it, I am usually getting tired and need something to push me..That does it..I have been using youtube and making playlist, so I can plug my earphones in, go to town.
  • mrsevanrust
    Options

^^^This^^^
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    What is it with all the trance? I would fall asleep running!
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Always metal, but actual heavy stuff, not pop like Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet for My Valentine.

Gotta be Trivium, All That Remains, Atreyu....
    [/quote]

Love this...Five Finger Death Punch, Mudvayne, Rubikon, Pantera...etc
  • PlushHyena
    Options
    If you don't have a problem with Asian girl groups, I recommend "Miss A" to anyone who hasn't heard or watched them! It's not what I usually listen to, but they really inspire and move me in a cute kind of way. I like the songs "Bad Girl, Good Girl", "Breathe" (my favorite, and very moving), and as of recently, "Goodbye Baby". Watching them dance is also hypnotizing, and it makes me dance... don't know about other people. :P

Some may not like them at all. Others will melt when they see/hear them, like I do. xD (And I don't understand the lyrics and don't care!)

To mention some heavier stuff, I listened to "Indestructible" by Disturbed today while riding my stationary bike, and it was incredibly funny to relate the words to my situation, so I really made an effort and it was good!