i'm still hungry at night and gaining weight ...help!

Options
I tried this in the motivation forum, but it ended horribly as someone decided to cause drama and not focus on the original post but be negative about other aspects of my life. So here were go...

I need some encouragement and help . I gained back a pound... after it had been on the scale for over a week I decided I gained it back. Then on top of that the scale was up 2 lbs this morning! This is soooo discouraging because I have been working my butt off on 30 DS (day 22 of 30 is today) and i'm not losing any weight but gaining it just fine! I have lost inches so I know so of it is muscle! However, I see other people on here doing 30 DS and continually losing each week. I rarely go over my calories! It seems like here lately especially after I eat dinner which I do after I work out I get soooooooooo hungry! Is it possible I'm not eating enough calories? I need some help!

Replies

• LEEAMCC
    LEEAMCC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've really been pushing hard of late and this is what's worked for ME intermittent fasting (IF) is a pattern of eating that alternates between periods of fasting (usually meaning consumption of water only) and non-fasting. I fast on average 16 to18 hours a day: I have breakfast at 9:00am lunch at 12:00pm and supper no later then 4:30pm. All my food consumption is took in a 8 hour window span and by doing this and adding a 45 min workout during my lunch break I've lost 18 pounds this month. I'm 5"11 with a start weight of 213 I am now at 194.6. This works for me and for other people...look it up and see for yourself. You can always check up on a few videos on Youtube look up (Fasting Twins) I am telling you they're hilarious.

I workout 5 times a week eat healthy, no soft drinks , chips or sweets. I'll have the occasional Skinny Cow ice cream bar :)

I hope you find something that works 4U :) You can add me as a friend if you'd like

Best of luck!!

Lee
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Maybe save some of your daytime cals to eat in the evening or after a workout when you get hungry?

You can add me as a friend if you like? :smile:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If you have lost inches, why are you worried about the 1 or 2 lbs?

The thing most people want is to be thinner, we all get so hung up on the scale # that we totally miss the awesome wins like losing inches!! that's something you should be super proud of!!

Not everyone can get the same results from the same programs. But it seems like you are doing well since your body is changing and getting smaller!!

So toss the scale! and be happy! :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Also you are on 1290 cals and not eating back your exercise calories. You have them there to eat,... so if you are hungry.. eat them.. that's why MFP gives them to you.
  • fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it!