*In Progress* Success from Running *Pics*

Options
Im_NotPerfect
Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
Hello All! I wanted to share what I consider to be an in-progress success story. I've fought my weight my entire life. When I got married almost 10 years ago I was at my lightest (Note I didn't say skinniest)....of 159 lbs.

The moment I decided to lose weight was when I saw this picture of myself at my daughter's 2nd birthday party in March 2011. I just couldn't believe I had let myself go so badly.
March2011-BeforeWeightLoss.jpg

I lost about 20 lbs and my husband and I went on vacation in Feb 2012. After that I decided to start 30 DS and took this picture as my "before" shot. Unfortunately I only got through level 1 because of a series of being sick, bored, etc.
004.jpg

And then I started running the day after labor day of this year (so roughly 3 months ago). I have never run in my life, but thanks to the c25k program, I was able to keep with it. I can now run 3 miles 3 times per week. I have tried just about every exercise in the book and have never gotten results like these. I still have a ways to go, but I'm VERY happy with what I've been able to do thus far. And BTW....this is completely a NSV because I've only lost about 3-5 lbs from the second picture until this one. SCALES ARE EVIL! :grumble:

me1.jpg

Thanks for reading! :)

Edited to take the embarrassing picture off! :blushing:

Replies

• teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! HOT MOMMA....that is fantastic...I have not seen any before pictures of you...great job
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look great, btw love the pads on the counter!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!! Great job!!!
  • adeluna76
    adeluna76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for sharing. You are an example to me, that it can be done.
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options

:happy: I only noticed this because your comment was before mine. :bigsmile:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

:happy: I only noticed this because your comment was before mine. :bigsmile:

WHA?? What are you talking about?? :laugh:
  • cdmyers6
    cdmyers6 Posts: 10
    Options
    WOW!! =D Amazing job!!! You look so awesome!! And only 3 months?? Imagine where you'll be the next 3! Running is definitely the best exercise you can get, and you are proof! Keep up the great work and way to go!!!!!
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing with us. You look great! I agree, scales are the :devil:
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome success so far 35!! Thank you for sharing. I started when I saw my pic at my son's 3 year this May. I lost 14 at first, but gained 2 back. I am now sitting with no loss, but I haven't been making the best food choices. Your are an inspiration to get me motivated! You look great and kudos to your running success!! Its great to see stories in progress, I think it helps us who need a boost!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great work, I really want to start the C25K and the more you all post the wonders of it the closer I get to it!
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congratulations! A friend of mine suggested the c25k program and I am highly considering it. Thanks for the share!
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    dang!
  • aero0811
    aero0811 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow well done! Just the motivation I need trying to start on the treadmill
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    great job! it isn't easy to post those pictures, but you will inspire so many people. keep up the great work!

i started c25k last year around this time and i am still looking forward to/ loving my running time.
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!! You look fantastic! Running is so good for the mind, body and soul.
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful success story!
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    You have given me HOPE! I have seriously been struggling this past week because of anxiety brought on by whether or not I can make it through the C25K app. I'm well over 200lbs and desperately need to lose weight for my health. Seeing your before and after shots has given me the motivation to keep going (and to stop looking at the scale). Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow, That is awesome. I just started running about three weeks ago. Haven't really seen the scale move much, so your story is motivating. Yes I know we shouldn't live by the scale, but that is so hard. It is always nice to see stories like yours for reassurance.
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and you are right scales are evil :bigsmile:
  • cvw010
    cvw010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE C25K program!!! I'm loosing inches everyweek now! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!