What is the best hrm to get for the money

Options
I have been working out using the mpf calories burned numbers and they look too high, what is the best hrm for the money? or which one do you all have and how has it been working out for you? Thanking everyone in advance

25121047.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• lifescircle
    Options
    Amazon has the Polar FT7 on sale RIGHT NOW. I just got one for 69 bucks. Check it out.

I have an ormon now, which works fine, but doesn't track calories.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Amazon has the Polar FT7 on sale RIGHT NOW. I just got one for 69 bucks. Check it out.

Crap, I bought mine LAST WEEK from Amazon for 90-something *mutter*
  • lifescircle
    Options
    Don't you hate when they do that?!! I just checked and it's gone up to 72 bucks already... ha!

Crap, I bought mine LAST WEEK from Amazon for 90-something *mutter*
  • HotDog1969
    HotDog1969 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I second the FT7 - a great HRM and for that price you can't go wrong.
  • JBuck1914
    JBuck1914 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I paid about $60 bucks, I believe. Well worth the investment. I've been very please so, far. Just make sure whatever you do it has a chest strap because they are more accurate.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4, watch/chest strap combo. They are about $70, but I found mine on eBay for $26! :drinker: Works great!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    http://www.consumersearch.com/heart-rate-monitors

Polar FT1 is rated the best budget HRM. Best overall is the Timex Ironman Race Trainer.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this helps anybody, but I work at Best Buy as my 2nd job, and I noticed they had some decent ones on clearance. I actually bought The Gramin FR60 with foot pod for $80.00 yesterday, and I noticed there were some others that were on clearance as well. I think one was the sportline duo 1060 for $59.99
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar ft7 LOVE IT!!! It was recommended by some of my fellow MFP friends.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ok so I might be biased, but the Polar FT40 is awesome!!! heartratemonitorsusa.com and its on sale for 106.49 right now, with free shipping!!!
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I JUST BOUGHT THE POLAR FT7 AND ITS GREAT THE GIRLS HERE AT WORK ALL HAVE ONE SO AT SPORTS AUTHORITY U CAN DOWNLOAD A 20% COUPLONG SO I GOT IT FOR 90 BUCKS....SO FAR SO GOOD !
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Polar FT7!
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Whichever one you decide, definitely research prices online. I found huge savings on my Polar FT60 by using Amazon compared to brick and mortar stores around here.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I want my FT7!! I don't care how much it costs!

However I do want the Nike+ band with it. I wonder if I can mix and match.
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. Love it! Got it last year as gift, so I'm not sure of the cost. It's a cardio class favorite.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I managed to pick up a second hand polar, think it is F11 and it does just what I need. A link to the PC would be nice, but I can manage transfering data manually. I would definatly recoomend polar.

I struggle with the strap not making a good link, think I need some gel.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, got it on Amazon for $63, love it. I second checking prices online before hitting a store and if you see a decent price on Amazon, grab it, the price there changes quickly.
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    I vote Polar (got an FT4). I did have a Mio Energy - quit working at the three month point and it was way more complicated than it needed to be. wouldn't get another...but would buy 10 FT4!
  • mfoutch86
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, and I have been very happy with it. It tells me my HR, calories burned, training level and length of workout. It can store the data, which I like because I log my work outs in when the kids are sleeping, not always in a timely manner. I have found the best prices to be on www.bodytronics.com. They have 5% off coupon codes, and free shipping. Skip the electrode gel they try to sell you, water works great!

* I did take a look at your profile, and I don't think the FT1 would be a good fit for you. It is the cheapest, but I think you are needing more info than it offers. Just my opinion...
  • Chgosportsgal
    Options
    I bought a Sportline for Women from Sports Authority and I love it! So easy to use. Heart rate monitor, calorie counter, timer..it's great. Here's the info. Also, I think if you go and sign for Sports Authority mailing list, you get a 20% coupon..but don't quote me on that... http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11407496&cp=851740&pg=3&sr=1&origkw=heart+rate+monitor&parentPage=family