MFP Foods...

Options
Just been having a look at the different chicken kebabs because I know after a night out I'll want food (apparently most healthy option from a takeaway ha) but there is about 5 different ones all varying in calories?! How do I know which one to choose!?

Replies

• catapillar87
    Options
    i was only thinkin the same thing myself lik your not goin ask some dude behind the counter who can hardly speak english wat type of kebab is it exactly and how many kcal are in it! Its so hard to judge some things!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I usually choose the option with the higher calorie count. Better to over estimate than to under.
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If in doubt, pick the highest one. At least that way you're not underestimating. :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I usually choose the option with the higher calorie count. Better to over estimate than to under.

^^ This
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I usually go with one towards the middle. I tend to order my stuff (whatever type of food it is) without all the extra sauces or anything, but if what I'm getting looks especially large or goopy I change it to the higher one. I know it's better to over estimate than under estimate, but psychologically I do better if I don't always do that.
  • jshort152
    Options
    Personally I'd go with the median one or the one thats a little more unhealthy so even if it is healthier at least you're not going over calorie budget.
  • smiler_87
    Options
    Well I would but.... I never eat a full one and 600 calories seems alot for chicken?! That's the highest then the rest are between 290 and 415.... that 600 is out on its own haha :ohwell:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    When there are huge discrepancies like that, I google it. Livestrong and other sites will have estimates that are more carefully moderated than what people put on here....
  • smiler_87
    Options
    Well according to livestrong... a chicken 'kabob' has 270 on one post... or 100 on another post....