do you like to eat it slowly?

Options
i recently read an article saying that thin people generally eat slow. i'm just wondering if that's true because i like to eat fast!

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I eat fast. So unladylike and I don't care! I can't eat slow! I just can't.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I believe it's just a personal preference. There might by some truth to getting a more full feeling by eating slowly as it might allow chemical signals to reach your brain etc, etc, yada yada yada. *shrug*
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I eat fast, and lots. I have nothing of value to contribute though, unfortunately.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I eat super fast, always have.
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I find that eating slowly encourages you to be more mindful about what you're eating. I also get more enjoyment out of my meals that way. Scarfing down a 400-calorie sandwich in three minutes isn't as enjoyable for me as taking longer to really enjoy it.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am medium eater... lol I wouldn't say I eat fast, but I don't eat really slow either.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it reallll slowww and then fast and then slow
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Disappointed.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    On the run right now but numerous studies have suggested eating slow is better. You tend not to eat as much and get fuller faster. Same thing with eating off smaller plates. It is all about convincing your mind and body that you are full.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Sometimes I eat slow, sometimes I eat fast. Is this why my weight fluctuates?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    i eat slowly, very very slowly

...very.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I eat slow always have since i was a kid
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My husband eats like the Tazmanian Devil would, super fast. Compared to that, I do eat slowly, but so would 99% of the people out there.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

I think so. I think if you eat faster, you will lose weight faster.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Myself, I'm a slow and dainty eater.

The reason it's said that people who eat more slowly and take smaller bites are thinner is because they generally eat smaller portions. The reason for that is a little complicated to explain, but I'll make an effort -- whichever rate you eat, fast or slow, your stomach becomes full after the same amount of food. However, your brain/body doesn't yet recognize that it's full and it won't for another few minutes, so you keep eating after that point. The faster you eat, the more food you consume after the "full" point before your body recognizes, "Oh, hey, wait, I'm full now! Time to stop eating." People who eat more slowly may still consume some after the body is full, but they consume less food in the time it takes their brain/body to catch up to that realization than someone who eats quickly.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I like to eat relatively slowly. I can make my 6 oz Greek yogurt last for about 20 minutes--especially if I put chia seeds in it. I like when they gel up--they help me feel fuller longer, too. I think there is truth to the fact that eating slowly allows your stomach to communicate a feeling of satiety to your brain, so you are less likely to overeat. I heard that it takes about 20 minutes for that to occur.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

BWAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH! Yes,,,,yes it is.

Or maybe its just water weight from TOM.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm eating :blushing:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Upon further review, I eat slow, then really fast, then I slow it down again.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    i eat slowly, very very slowly

...very.

Can I take you out for........dinner? :devil: