My scale lied to me..

Options
I've always thought I was going down to 122 pounds until I bought a new scale. It said I'm 129.8. Ugh. Feeling like giving up. :/

Replies

• soo_z
    soo_z Posts: 42
    Options
    Track by measurements... an inch is an inch on any tape measurer. I had the opposite problem with two different scales, hence why I rarely measure my success by my weight anymore.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Tape measure. Works wonders.

Someone also recommended to me that I use a fat caliper. I'm switching to that :)
  • heartsoulshannon
    heartsoulshannon Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Agreed, tape measures are more accurate. My scale and the one at my parents' house used to always say the same thing. Now for some reason, mine says 127 and my parents says 124. I know it's not much, but when you're close to goal it can be frustrating!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I've always thought I was going down to 122 pounds until I bought a new scale. It said I'm 129.8. Ugh. Feeling like giving up. :/

WAIT! You still lost X pounds--that didn't change. Your scale was just off on the number you actually weighed. You have accomplished what you thought you did. It's just that the end was in a different spot than you thought.

Edit: For example, my scale at home originally said I weight 150. My doctor's said 155. When I was 125 by my scale at home, my doctor said 130. I still lost 25 pounds.
  • jshort152
    Options
    Don't get caught up about weight, worry about the mirror more.
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself at the same time of the day? I know that my scale can vary up to about 7 or 8 lbs, due to water retension/food consumption throughout the day. also, if the scale is new, make sure it's properly calibrated. All is good - your'e still TOTALLY in a healthy weight zone and that's what should be focused on. You're doing Great. Take a deep breath.
  • RandleBoyz3
    RandleBoyz3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Scales vary about 5 pounds higher or lower. Just concentrate on your energy levels and how your clothes fit.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    WAIT! You still lost X pounds--that didn't change. Your scale was just off on the number you actually weighed. You have accomplished what you thought you did. It's just that the end was in a different spot than you thought.

THIS!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

So you're no longer a happy, gorgeous, slender woman because of a NUMBER?!
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Your advice helped me :)

I shouldn't feel so down, it's the mirror that matters! Haha