Returning my EatSmart scale - not consistent

Options
Wanted to join the 21st century and get a more accurate scale that would give me fractional weights. Well, the eatsmart scale didn't do it for me. It's highly rated on Amazon, one of their best scales. Glad it worked for other people, but after two weeks of trying it almost every location of my bathroom and bedroom, can't get it to give consistent weights. Glad I didn't throw away my 70-year-old mechanical scale.

Replies

• mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's more important to weigh your food than your body. Do you have digital kitchen scales?
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have one and have had no trouble in 6 months. If you move it, don't forget to recalibrate it.

Try contacting the company to get a replacement. They are highly motivated towards customer satisfaction and ratings.

Don't give up on it yet...
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have one and it is amazingly accurate. I have owned 4 scales before getting this one. Please just send it back and have them send you another one. They are just amazing.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I vote get a replacement as well. Mine is still working beautifully.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Did you try changing the batteries? I've had one since March and love it. Only had issues when the batteries needed changing. I'd troubleshoot before you return.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I have an EatSmart scale and it works fine. It does need recalibrating if you move it and it's always good to check its accuracy with something like a dumbbell. If it's really not working, contact the company for a replacement.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. I think you have a calibration problem. I have one - have had it about 6 months and I've not had a problem with it. BUT ! I don't move it around. I calibrated it, left it in one spot. I do believe that company has excellent customer service. If you truly think you have a bad scale, I'd contact them.
  • Brent_J
    Brent_J Posts: 54
    Options
    I don't have any problems with mine. The only thing that I don't like is that has a bit of a memory. If I weigh myself two times in a row, on the 2nd time it will snap right to the value from the first weighing.

So I "clear" the memory by leaning on a counter to get a totally different value up on the screen. Then I do my second weighing.

Overall it works great.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon, and I love it!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17490583
  • HolyPeas
    HolyPeas Posts: 71
    Options
    I use a taylor digital scale. I actually purchased it through walmart.com as the shipping was cheaper than it was on amazon. its great.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have the EatSmart scale from Amazon, and mine is always accurate. I put my 10 pound medicine ball on it and it comes up 10.0 every times. You have to make sure it is on a level hard surface though.

That company is very good about customer satisfaction so I would contact them first to get a replacement. Maybe you just got a bad one.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't have any problems with mine. The only thing that I don't like is that has a bit of a memory. If I weigh myself two times in a row, on the 2nd time it will snap right to the value from the first weighing.

So I "clear" the memory by leaning on a counter to get a totally different value up on the screen. Then I do my second weighing.

Overall it works great.

I've noticed this too. That's usually when I put my medicine ball on (in between back to back weigh-ins) to check for accuracy. (I'm a bit neurotic about it and will want to step on and off 3 times so I know it's for real.)
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for almost a month and have had no issues with it, I know a month is not a long time, but I've had digital scales in the past that were bad right from the start. Also do you move your scale around, if so some ppl with there EatSmart scales forget to re-calibrate it before using it, it may not happen in your case, but I've seen a few ppl with that issue.
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I was so disappointed with this, considering all the great reviews it gets on Amazon. I was willing to give up on it, but after hearing that MFP people have had such good results, I'll give it another chance. I'll try contacting the company to see if I can get some advice from them or a replacement.

Oh, and yes, I have a digital scale for my food. That's why I wanted to go digital with my bathroom scale, too!
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Scales show inconsistent readings when the battery starts to fail. Just a thought.