Newbie on the forum

Options
:smile: Hello one and all. This is a new venture for me. Never have logged food choices before. Anyone else find that to be a weird feeling? I am hopeful it will help me in the pursuit of better food choices. Is is working that way for anyone else? Thanks, from the newbie. :tongue:

Replies

• furby1
    furby1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. It was weird to start with, but has now become so much a part of my daily life that its now a natural thing to do. I don't go out for a meal without first checking calorie values of food that will be on the menu, and I even use it to check the difference in calories between brands of food before buying.

It has definetly opened my eyes to the calorie values of food I always thought were low in cals, such as Asks caesar salad which i love and thought was a safe choice when i went there for a meal until research showed its 632 cals compared to their lasagne which is 534 cals!.

What has helped me most is the wonderful MFP friends I have made who inspire me daily and are there to motivate me when needed. :)
  • shortybb26
    shortybb26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I agree with joyce.. I am new to this also (10 days) but I find that tracking the calories really helps me be mindfull of what I am eating. I love that it remembers your meals you have had so far too. The friends are awesome too. It is great to have people going through the same stuff cheering you on every step of the way. I love the scan feature on my phone app also!! It makes things super easier! Also, Pretty much everything I have eaten so far has been in the database which is nice. I never counted calories before because I do not like trying to figure out servings and stuff like that. I am no math person..