21lbs down but can't see it :(

Options
13»

Replies

• SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love you in that green dress ❤ you look amazing ;)
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sometime when you are larger it take longer to see. Just keep doing what your doing and you will get there.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere in a science book (in relation to weighing and comparing minerals) that you can only tell the difference in two rocks, when holding them in your hands, if one of them is at least 10% heavier or lighter than the other. Otherwise they feel the exact same weight to you because your body can't tell that minute of changes. I thought this was a good metaphor for noticing differences in general. I would assume it could very easily be the same for body weight. If someone starts off as 250, then it might take until they lose 10% of their weight to notice an outward change. Which would be 225 (losing 25 lbs). If you were 150, you would notice a change much sooner as 10% would be 15 lbs. Granted I don't have actual proof aside from the mineral fact, but I thought that it relates rather well.

Also, I totally see a difference. Great work! :D
  • leonalynn
    Options
    I thought I couldn't do anything with my huge boobies either (34L), but bought an Enell sports bra and I can run jump...anything I want to do. They hold you in and there is no shake at all! Seriously, invest in one. Changed my life.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    There IS a difference. 21 pounds is a LOT. So, first off, congrats on that. It's REALLY hard to see ourselves accurately, and we can't always rely on others to notice, either...and sometimes if they do notice they're not sure if it's appropriate to comment.

Also, you must see a difference when you put on that purple dress? Try that one on and take a pic, I bet it fits totally differently. Or the green one.
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    From the photo's I could really tell in your waist. It will take a little while longer to see it elsewhere.
    Are you taking measurements as well so you can see where you are loosing it? When I had lost 18, I was getting discouraged because it wasn't coming off like I had wanted. Then I measured and was stunned at the inches lost.

Not all loss is necessarily reflected by a scale.
  • pfftx
    pfftx Posts: 11
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference from the photos, and you look great! You have such a lovely face!

I'm 10 lbs down in my journey so far and I can't see the difference yet at all, even in progress pics. I've been taking them every week because from past experience losing 50+ lbs (I'm a serial major yo yo dieter) I couldn't really tell until maybe 30 lbs in. Take it easy, don't stress about it, and keep it up!

I cooked a 10 lb roast for company the other day, and that sucker was *heavy*! Thinking about NOT carrying that around with me every day makes me happy.
  • Timetogetskinny
    Timetogetskinny Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're doing an AMAZING job and you LOOK AMAZING!! (you can totally see the difference in your photos) Congrats on the 21 pound loss and feel good about every pound you did loose!! It's hard to get to your goal but with consistancy and committment.... you'll get to where you want to be!!

Set new goals on a weekly basis or monthly basis... that's what I do! I'm currently in a 100 mile challenge for this month and it's KICKING MY BUTT... But, I am so glad that I'm doing it! It's made me realize just how much more I can REALLY DO and how much more I can REALLY CHALLENGE MYSELF!!

Don't get discourage... You are AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL!! =D p.s. Also, what I do... I treat myself for every 5 pounds I loose... I either purchase new clothing or new workout equipment: Jump Rope, yoga mate... anything that will get me a bit further in my goals is what I do. =D
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    With me I felt like I could only recently see the difference. I am down 30 and have about another 40 to go. I can see the diff in your pics. By the way you are super cute. Like that red head on Mad Men. Va va voom! Congrats on your 21 lbs and keep at it and you will start to feel the pride in yourself.
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i can definitely see a difference! you are doing an awesome job, keep up the good work and dont get discouraged!!! :)
  • zeerah
    zeerah Posts: 2
    Options
    I can see it! You look great! Keep up the good work, it'll be sooo worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!