Wii Fit Question

Options
So i got a Wii Fit for Christmas, just started using it today and it made me think....has anyone lost a significant amount of weight with the Wii Fit (plus) as their primary exercise? I hope the answer is yes because i hate working out and i just had a blast on the Wii. According to my HRM i did 1hour 15 mins and burned 673 calories....thoughts?

Replies

• lifechanges06
    lifechanges06 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hello. i want to get the biggest loser workout. what did u start to do on the wii fit today?
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser on the Wii is awesome.. I know it works because of how sore my muscles are.. and it makes a plan for you and eveything even gives you eating tips and recipies.
  • tammym1964
    Options
    I lost 40lb using the WII FIt Program. I just got the Biggest loser for the WII and its TOUGH.. LOL - I was using the WII FIT before I joined this website.. I have about another 25 lbs to go... I have been so bad lately with the holidays... have only gained a couple pounds back, but INCHES are coming back... GOOD LUCK... stick with it.. the WII fit will work for you..
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wii fit is a great place to start. When you start thinking it's not making you sweat and not raising your pulse then it's time to move on. IMHO....whatever helps you enjoy a workout and keeps you wanting more is where you need to start.
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i am just doing the wii fit plus right now. i am sure i will get more stuff as i get familure with it. Hear that you lost 40 with the wii gives me MAD hope!
  • bgwolfgirl
    Options
    i just got the wii fit plus what things did you do on the wii fit and how long did you spend on it every day thank
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    bump - i wanna know if anyone's had good success on this as well!
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and it was doing it's purpose but I needed something more, I was getting bored. Bought the Biggest Loser - OMG it has the push that I needed. I love that you can set goals. It has 4,8, or 12 week challenge. I set up routines and don't know till I get on it which one I will have, such as one night might be 28 minutes of core, the next night will be 36 minutes of light, and the next could be 18 minutes of yoga. I love it, love it and love it. Plus you have a personal trainer right in front of you.

My husband bought me the Wii Dance for Christmas, and while I think at first it might have just been for fun - didn't realize how much you move when you dance. You have do the moves on the right beat or you don't get points for it. It's got easy to hard moves. Some might say that can't dance trust me, my husband doesn't have a beat in his bones and he beat me on a couple of the dances.

Good luck, you can't go wrong with anything for the Wii, it gets you off the couch and you don't realize the workout you get.
  • benmarcum
    Options
    i just started yesterday really but so far the rythem boxing is a lot of fun and oddly the running is kinda fun too...and i have to say it cause i feel like a total tool, but the super hoola hoop is a lot of fun. I also really need to work on balance so i am doing a little of that while really trying to do cardio right now. as of the past 2 days i have done about 1hour 15 mins...but i am having fun so that makes the time go fast.

i was doing some reading today about the wii active...how are folks feeling about that. i am really just at the early stages of this work out routine so i do not want to "over do it" right out of the gate, find something that is too hard, get discouraged and quit...
  • benmarcum
    Options
    so just an update...according to my HRM i have done 2600 calories this week on the Wii Fit. this thing may be a keeper.
  • mkeilbach
    Options
    We love ours. We have the Wii fit plus and the Wii resorts. I am going to talk my hubby into getting the biggest loser soon :love:
  • biffy107
    Options
    I got the DDR on wii for christmas it is fun and takes your breath away.it keep score too
  • lifechanges06
    lifechanges06 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just started the biggest loser wii this week.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I too got one for Xmas and used it as my primary exercise mode for 3 months - as well as walking on my treadmill and I feel it helped me loose 15lbs as I got into shape and moved on to more vigorous cardio workouts. I had a routine of the biking, hulu hoop, and step aerobics. And I got a platform for the board to make it higher off the ground for the aerobics after I got better at it. I also put together a routine that helped me strengthen my legs and hips - a particular problem for me at the time - and did that several times a week.

I ended up getting Gold Gym's cardio boxing program for the Wii and that is a great workout but be careful. I got so into it that I actually pulled a muscle in chest from those right hooks and it took 3 months to get better!!

Have fun - it does help.

Jessica
  • butterfly08uk
    Options
    I have the Wii Active (personal trainer) set to Medium Intensity. I have only done 9 days so far and my weigh in is tomorrow....But I feel like I get a good workout and with the food diary here I hope to achieve top results....
    Anyone else like the Wii Active??
  • butterfly08uk
    Options
    Evening all... had my weigh in today and lost almost 3lbs.... 1200 calories a day and 30 minutes wii active...
    Patted myself on the back, good luck everyone