Making Changes

Options
I found this site by chance as an iphone application. I wanted start the new year by tracking my calories. This is great as it really helps me keep on track (even though it's only been 5 days). I don't seem to be as hungry or as obsessed about food this time.

I turned 40 last year and in some reflective times I decided I really need to do something. My husband left and I am raising two daughters on my own and really need to be there for them.

I did have a gastric bypass about 8 years ago. I intially had success but the weight has come back on (all but 10-20 lbs). When I initially lost the weight I got rid of all my larger sized clothes and vowed never to wear them again. But guess what-here I am again-shopping at the plus sizes.

So I've started the new year (and my girls are really supportive) by kicking my diet coke habit (I was a 12 can a day drinker), sticking with the 1200 calories and exercising. I rejoined a health club and now that my oldest girl is old enough we have been going to excercise classes together.

The food and calorie portion is a non issue for me-I know how to eat well I just have to force myself too. I've found it pretty easy to stay in the 1200 calorie range-adding more protien and eating more veggies.

It's good to have support. Several people at work are doing a variety of programs-a couple similar to this one.

Here's to a healthier me!

393513.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you have a lot of support at home! Good for you! You will love this site....and I do LOVE LOVE LOVE that it has the iphone ap.....now when I am out to dinner or a friends house I instantly put my calories in and know right where I am at. Solving the problem of going over!
  • sandootoads
    Options
    I love the app-I can be somewhere and look up the nutritional information and make my choices accordingly. It's handy!