No pics and maybe no biggie to some

Options
NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
but..I lost another lb in 10 days. I had gone back to my mfp settings because I got too confused on figuring my own numbers. I had not lost but mainly due to inconsistency with settling on my numbers and sticking to them for more then a couple days.

I have been back on mfp figures for 10 days and so has my sis. She has lost 2 lbs this last 10 days. I knew in my gut(not by measuring:laugh: ) I was on the right track. I couldn't wait til Sunday to weigh so I did this a.m. It was pretty stubborn about coming off or I should say, didn't come off fast enough for me.

Now if I lose another by next Friday, I will stay on the 1200 and continue to eat my exercise calories. We'll see how it goes:) The main thing that is changing is my strength/energy. I've still to see any changes in my measuring tape so as much as I don't like the scale, it is going down, not up. I was at the doctor and it matches my weight watchers scale. I was never in WW but got lucky on the loan of a scale from my landlord. Just realized today it's a WW;)

Have a great day everyone and keep the faith:):drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• plmtrprsn
    plmtrprsn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If it's a biggie to you, then that's what is important. My doctor told me once, just pick a plan and stick with it - they all work if you do them long enough. Be patient with yourself and give your body a chance to catch on to what you are doing!

Good luck!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    That is great. Keep going!

I know things that are big to some of us aren't that dramatic. But they're really important anyway. Congratulations to you and your sis.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    yes, consistency is the ticket and what I am always short on but that is changing;)
    If it's a biggie to you, then that's what is important. My doctor told me once, just pick a plan and stick with it - they all work if you do them long enough. Be patient with yourself and give your body a chance to catch on to what you are doing!

Good luck!
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Thank you much!! Yes, it is a big deal when I stick to something 10 days in a row, LOL!!
    That is great. Keep going!

I know things that are big to some of us aren't that dramatic. But they're really important anyway. Congratulations to you and your sis.
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Oh yes it is a BIGGIE!!! I am sooo happy for you!!!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think it is a biggie.... It is nice to know things are working for you. Like I said before, it takes time to find out what really works for one. I am glad to hear that you are heading the right way. :drinker:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    thank you jules:happy: :drinker: :drinker:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    metoo Cris! I am excited because now I think more will happen if I stay steady and true and if I stall, then I can add a few cals and see if that works like I hear it does;) Trial and error until we find our pace;):drinker: :drinker:
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It is absoultely a big deal! Especially to me! I know some who will read this will think I'm being selfish, but Denise has been "testing" the 1200 net calorie thing and inspiring me to do the same. I was told by a nutritionist to net 1200 and did so at first. I lost at least 1 lb/wk, then I got over-anxious and began not netting the 1200. As a result, it has taken me 5 mos to lose 5 lbs! Denise posted a topic on this very thing and jerked a knot back in my butt and I am very grateful. Thanks so much for keeping me posted. You are truly an inspiration to me! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!