Pressure Cooker Recipes?

Options
igmom
igmom Posts: 90
I just got a pressure cooker. Anyone have a fav low-cal pc recipe to share?

Replies

• simmonsntz
    Options
    I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a pressure cooker. What kind did you buy and are you happy with it?

I've done google searches for recipes but can't comment on any of them yet.
    Tanya
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I got one for Christmas and have experimented with foods, but no real recipes, just threw in veggies and meat and cooked them down.
  • stephcheers
    Options
    I just got one for Christmas too...and I can't believe I haven't even tried to use it. But I would love to hear any great recipes or tips on how to make it work for a busy family. :bigsmile:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    My daughter was here for Christmas and she uses a pressure cooker a lot so I borrowed one from a friend. She puts in chicken breasts, a large onion, garlic cloves, salt and pepper and enough water to cover the chicken and after it builds up pressure cooks it for 30 minutes. Then, she makes smashed potatoes and with the liquid from the chicken she makes a gravy. On a plate she puts the potatoes and makes a bowl. Then adds the shredded up chicken and pours the gravy over the whole thing. She calls it stewed chicken. It's amazing!!!! And I'm sure it is not low cal but it is soooooo good!
  • arctickari
    arctickari Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love my pressure cooker! I just made the 40 clove chicken (see recipe in recipe section on discussion page) and made it in 2 hours vs. the 12 hours it suggests. It is also perfect for soups. Just throw in some broth, tomatoes, vegetables, and meat (optional) and in 30 minutes you will have a delicious/healthy soup!