40 more lbs but now what

Options
I have lost 100 lbs and only want to lose another 40, I know that this is going to be my hardest to lose. But how do I even stand a chance now that I am all like "Well I lost 100lbs so let's get Chinese and KFC." All I want to do now is pig out and I can't even get motivated to work out anymore. I think that I am scared to get down to my goal weight, I have never really been at a healthy weight and now that I am so close I just can't finish. I really just don't know what to do.

Replies

• cynstew2012
    Options
    Don't be to hard on yourself. What you have accomplished already is amazing! Forty pounds is actually my goal as well (although I've only just started and have only lost 7 so far) and I have days like that as well. I have always been a serial dieter and have lost and gained enough to create a couple of new people.

Again what you have done is amazing stay positive and when KFC calls hang up and go for a walk. KFC, PF Changs, McDonalds will still be there when you reach your goal!
  • witchiipooh
    witchiipooh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I know that what I have done is really awesome and it has taken a lot of hard work. Right now it's just all so frustrating!
  • amburballin
    amburballin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You've done something most people will or won't ever achieve. You should be proud of yourself! Every time I want to pig out, I tell myself: "You don't want that, really. What you really want is to be happy, and THAT food won't make you happy, and you deserve to be happy." (:
  • vravelline
    Options
    When you feel like it's time for KFC or any other fast food....think about what damage that can make into your body.... don't go for it!
  • vravelline
    Options
    BTW......Congrats.....100 is huge, you've done a AMAZING job and can do it with 40......that's nothing for you girl.....remember YOU ARE IN CONTROL of your body and not the other way around........!!!!!!!!!!
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been experiencing these same feelings except I've only lost 29 lbs and still have about 150 to go! What has helped me this week is to get back to the basics. 1. thinking about why you started this jorney to begin with. Have your goals or reasons changed? 2. Start fresh. Think of the steps you took to begin your journey. Did you plan you meals ahead of time? Did you have workout buddies, or some way to keep yourself accountable? 3. Change your routine a little. Try a new workout dvd or a new machine at the gym. Take a look at some healthy recipe websites like skinnytaste.com and try something new. Basically just find a way to create that spark again.

100 lbs in AMAZING! You have done such a great job - once you recommit, 40 lbs will be a piece of cake.. er.. piece of granola! You can do it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    But how do I even stand a chance now that I am all like "Well I lost 100lbs so let's get Chinese and KFC." All I want to do now is pig out and I can't even get motivated to work out anymore.

You are right, you don't stand much of a chance with this attitude. So you need to change it. Switch to maintenance for a while if you need to. Allow yourself to be comfortable at this weight and take a break from the scale. Focus on the new you and enjoy what you've accomplished. Work out because it's good for you, rather than because you need to lose weight. Even thin people need exercise.

Then, when you are ready, work on those last 40 lbs.
  • witchiipooh
    witchiipooh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! You've really made me think, I should just kinda step back for a little while and start fresh. This is still something that I want to accomplish, maybe I just need to start setting new goals and change my whole routine up. Again thank you!!!
  • Piggytummy
    Piggytummy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 32 and its the farthest I have ever gotten and I have been doing the same thing. I noticed that the longer I put off giving into temptation the better choices I make. For example, last night I was really emotional and had a bad day. All i wanted was to curl up with a french baguette and some dip! So I kept putting it off..putting it off...told myself Yep im going to the store..im gonna do it!! watch me!! And I waited about..2 hours. In that time I was able to talk myself out of it and make a more rational choice. I let myself get an individual bag of cheetos and a turkey dog with it. I still was fulfilled with a "bad" treat, but made better choices to go with it. It seems to get me through. Goodluck!
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Why not take a break? 100 lbs is an ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!! Reward yourself! A double chocolate cheesecake is VERY TASTY! Take a break, reward yourself, and then get back to it next week. Yes, you may gain a few back, but life is about fun. It will improve your psyche and you will be more motivated to do more! Great job. I dont think I will ever lose that much (seeing as how that is about Half of what I weight).
  • Betsiz17
    Betsiz17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You've already gotten some great advice, but I just wanted to say - WOW! Congratulations on what you have already accomplished.
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    It's about lifestyle change. It's oK to have a little but don't go crazy. Been there, done that many times. I'd get on the scale & say it's only 5 more lbs, i've lost blah blah blah. Then I'd say I won't let it go above 5 more pounds then over and over, slowly the weight all came back and then some. You can give yourself a break for a day or 2, but still be careful about portion size and getting some kind of exercise. It's really what your body needs. I bet you would have never thought you could lose 100 pounds? Keeping weight off is even harder than losing it. So push forward to your goal and change your lifestyle because even when you get that other 40 pounds off, your body will still have the same number of fat cells and will still want to fight to put weight back on. If you change your habits, change your lifestyle, you will live by it and you will succeed. That's why I know for me this time is the last time. Good luck and keep up the good work. Be good to yourself in other ways!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me that if she knew how great she would feel at her goal weight (she lost over 100 pounds) she would have gotten there sooner. She also said, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." You have accomplished an amazing goal already, but you're not finished. Could you look at that remaining 40 pounds that stands between who you are right now and what you want to achieve as something to be conquered in small parts?

I need to lose 79 pounds as of today. I can't even get my brain around that number because it sounds nearly impossible. What I can get my head around is 5 pounds at a time. That's helping me to break this into manageable, achievable mini-goals. I'm into this for the rest of my life.

I was once the victim of a violent crime. I think that somehow subconsciously I believed that my weight might keep me from becoming a victim again, that my excess pounds might have some power to protect me. Instead my weight has kept me a prisoner unable to enjoy the same activities as my family and it has whittled away at my self-esteem. An elevated blood pressure and cholesterol over 200 has finally opened my eyes to what I must do to release myself from years of unhealthy living. Friend me if you would like my support. Let's do this one day at a time! <3