New Here! Looking for friends!

Options
Hi, I'm a 24 year old graduate student and vegetarian. I'm looking for friends that are interested in sharing recipes, especially those that are good for people on a budget! I just started doing C25K so I'd love to be friends with other runners, new and experienced.

Thanks!

-Geneva

Replies

• Piggytummy
    Piggytummy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im a chef and LOVE sharing recipes with people :) I am not a vegetarian but I strive to eat more fish and veggies over meat, so im sure id have some ideas to swap with you :)
  • allday2
    allday2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Not a great cook, but I do have a love for running! Looking for friends as well!!
  • Loser79
    Loser79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 24 year old graduate student and vegetarian. I'm looking for friends that are interested in sharing recipes, especially those that are good for people on a budget! I just started doing C25K so I'd love to be friends with other runners, new and experienced.

Thanks!

-Geneva

i started the c25k schedule a few weeks ago, but haven't been strictly following it! i'm just now trying to stick to the amount of days it has on the schedule of interval training. i'm on a 8J/5W schedule right now. the other alteration i make is to have long distances on sundays. i'm trying to condition myself for the disney half marathon in september. i don't want the bus to pick me up! my ultimate goal is to be able to jog an entire half by december. hoping to do the vegas rock n roll half. i'm going to add you by the way. =D
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I don't run but love to cook. :)
  • katieh815
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this site. I have no clue what is going on here, but I'm giving this a try. I need friends and help. I'm diabetic and on the verge of going on insulin. Not at all happy about that, but it's my own fault. I just haven't tried hard enough to get my blood sugars under control. I crave sweets ALL the time. But I have decided to stop making excuses and get doing something about me. I finally went for a walk today. I've been saying I was going to start walking again for months. No more excuses. Anyone who would like to friend me, is welcome. I need all the encouragement I can get. I have no real support system around me. I have lots of saboteurs though.

Join me. :explode: LOL
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Heyyy! I am working on my running so I'm no pro, but my name is Katie too and I am a pescatarian, (I know I still eat seafood, I go into a ravenous frenzy when I see shrimps. mmm)
  • courtneyxjayne
    Options
    Im defintiely not the best cook but I love running! Im a beginner. Feel free to add! :)
  • akdoxrud
    akdoxrud Posts: 22
    Options
    I just finished a C25K and am training for a 10K. I'm also very new at vegetarianism. In fact, I decided I'm starting today. I'd love to swap recipes and running stories.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    I'm a runner and a vegetarian, feel free to add me.
  • ICanFeelBetter
    Options
    I just joined because I have got to do something about my weight. I am the biggest I've ever been and threw out my back this week for the first time. I am always tired and don't feel good. I am hoping with this site and some support I can get back to feeling good again.

By the way, my picture is from when I felt good about myself. I am hoping it will motivate me to keep going!
  • KTlew54
    KTlew54 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey hey! I too am about to restart my attempt at C25K (third time's a charm, right?) I'm a total beginner, but I'd love another friend for mutual support this go around. Feel free to add me.