Engaged & Dieting

Options
Hi Everybody!

So good news is I got engaged on New Years Eve! YAY! But now I am working to get myself in shape and hopefully lose some weight before I buy the dress and everything. I really really don't want to HATE the way I look in my wedding photos!

I was basically doing the Slim Fast plan before and I had lost 14 pounds... but due to a stress fracture in my leg, I've been out of comission and just plain lazy... And over the holidays I put it all back on :( So any advice on how to cope with the stress of all of this and how to get motivated would be great help right now!

Thanks guys!!

Replies

• kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I got engaged last April and my wedding is in 4 months! The motivation is that dress.....trust me. Once you start looking you get more focused! Best of luck....you will do it!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! Do you have a date set? My wedding is what brought me to this site originally back in March of last year. My advice to you is: START EARLY! Start early on your nutrition and weight-loss goals and start early on your wedding planning! I lost 10 lbs before my wedding and since then have continued to become more and more passionate about my fitness and nutrition. If I had started earlier, I could have been in even better shape on my wedding day! Don't fall for any crazy Diet or Weight Loss Secrets - Eat right, count your calories, exercise regularly and you will be completely satisfied on your big day!! Use this site. There is sooooooooo much great info here, and even better people to help you along the way! Best of luck, and congrats again!! :flowerforyou:
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    Congratulations. But like she said, start early. Plenty of girls will wait until the last month to lose weight and they end up trying to starve themselves into that dress. Dont do that!! Stick to low calorie diet and find exercises that you can do. Strength training on your arms and crunches for your abs will do wonders. If you can, try walking a little every few days and by your wedding day you'll look better than ever. Good luck and keep yourself motivated.
  • mistral604
    Options
    Congratulations! Like other comments, I also got married in 2009. Besides starting early, I would say set REALISTIC goals for yourself. For instance, don't order your dress six sizes smaller than your current size (you laugh, but I know one bride who did. She didn't succeed, and in fact, gained more weight from the pressure of wedding planning).

Keep in mind that this should be one of the most exciting times of your life - enjoy it! You will have a lot of stress up to your big day and even the best of us turn to food for comfort or give up our regular exercise routine to finish those last minute details.

Oh, and if I could do it all over - consider a destination wedding :) Good luck!