Xbox Kinect..... Does it work?

Options
So the reason why I am asking cause thats what I have been doing for 2 days now. It makes me sweat so much its insane!!! I am planing to do this just for my exercise. I also have been doing sit ups. I can't Run or Jog since I fractured my ankle 10 years ago and it swell "IT SUCKS" So does Xbox Kinect work? I do the Sports and the Dance. I do it for an hour a day

Replies

• slade37
    slade37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So the reason why I am asking cause thats what I have been doing for 2 days now. It makes me sweat so much its insane!!! I am planing to do this just for my exercise. I also have been doing sit ups. I can't Run or Jog since I fractured my ankle 10 years ago and it swell "IT SUCKS" So does Xbox Kinect work? I do the Sports and the Dance. I do it for an hour a day

If it makes you sweat then you are burning calories so yes
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

as long as you are sweating, moving and getting your heart rate up, anything really works...

my daughter has the kinect and LOVES it.
  • MzLegette72
    Options
    YES, YES, YES it does!! I use my Kinect along with my regular exercise. Most of the games show you your calorie burn either during or after you've completed them. (i.e. Zumba; after the work out; Dance Central during, etc.)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Any activity that is more than what you did the day before will work!!

The best tool I invested in was a heart rate monitor. Sweating isn't the best indicator and sometimes can lead to overestimates to calories burned, IMO.
  • elspencero
    elspencero Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So this gets released around the holiday. Looks like it will make you sweat for sure.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/marketplace/product/nike-kinect-training
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am a Kinect addict. I love Dance Central, Zumba, Kinect Sports, everything! I use it a lot because my elliptical is broken, and I can't afford Zumba classes more than once a week lol. It definitely helps.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have you shape and the next day after I do that I am sore! The boot camp is crazy!
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes! I use it and I play Dance Central on workout mode. Tells me how many calories I'm burning:)
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    YES, YES, YES it does!! I use my Kinect along with my regular exercise. Most of the games show you your calorie burn either during or after you've completed them. (i.e. Zumba; after the work out; Dance Central during, etc.)

is that what that number after the game is? i thought that was just your score for how you did on the energy meter...i dnt think that is showing the cals you burned, no way that can determine your heart rate...:huh:
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It works for my friend really well!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I lost a good deal of weight with my Wii, but I monitored my burn with a heart rate monitor. I recommend one for any physical activity you may consider doing!
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know a guy who lost a lot of pounds just by dancing in front of a console every day, so yes it would work, just keep on sweating it out!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I know I use my Wii a lot for work outs, it is awesome!
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Yes, it totally works! I've been using Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 and Dance Central since I decided to change my lifestyle. I've added a kettlebell into the mix but using the kinect has totally worked for me. Please feel free to add me!! :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You're making me feel inspired to haul mine out. I found it challenging.

And yeah - if you sweat, you're working!
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Love mine ! Hubby and I both try to do either games, dance, or something at least twice a week.
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wife does the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout. I do the UFC Trainer. Neither of us has EVER complained about it...aside from the amount of hurt the next day! Enjoy!!!
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi

I use Your Shape for Kinnect and it is brilliant. Especially the Boot camp! I also love the cardio boxing and the Wall Breaker. I use it with a HRM so I know the exact calories burned - it is always higher than what it says on the Xbox - Yay!
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    So this gets released around the holiday. Looks like it will make you sweat for sure.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/marketplace/product/nike-kinect-training

Oooo....looks good!! Thanks for the heads up!

Anyway, definitely use a heart rate monitor because the 'calories burned' info on each game isn't always correct. :)
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    Wife does the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout. I do the UFC Trainer. Neither of us has EVER complained about it...aside from the amount of hurt the next day! Enjoy!!!
    Yeah I was really in pain the next day I couldnt move! LOL