Need friends w/ similar goals!

Options
lilawolf
lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
I want to start this by saying that I am NOT judging anyone and the choices they make, I just think that it is more motivating to have friends that have the same goals and values as myself.

I am looking for friends who
* have less than 60lbs to lose
* aim for around a 500 calorie deficit most days
* are on MFP most days
* Have fewer than 60 friends already (unless you really can and will keep up with everyone pretty regularly)

Please do not friend request me if you think that a consistant net of less than 1200 calories is a good thing. I have several friends who consistantly have NEGATIVE net calories for the day which is not motivating for me feeling good about my 500 cal deficit.

THANKS!!! I will in turn be fully supportive and as motivational to you as I can.

Replies

• lilawolf
    Options
    Please note that I have restarted my weight loss journey as of 17 days ago and I have lost 2lbs. This IS working for me. Thanks
  • Beachchic1977
    Beachchic1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to support you!
  • lilawolf
    Options
    3 new friends!
  • lilawolf
    Options
    Anyone else trying to lose weight in a healthy way?
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have 10 lbs to go, usually eating around 1200-1500 cal of healthy calories, working out 3 times a week:)

if you need a supproter add me, i have been trying to get over my plateau.
  • lisadrue
    Options
    Hi!

I have been working for 4 months now with a trainer to gain strength and to lose weight. I haven't lost much weight, but i have gained a lot more strength and confidence. I am logging every morsel and exercise on a daily basis.

How are you doing with your with your plan?
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi,

What is your goal, and whats your daily calorie goal? Getting strenght will be a good way to move forward, it will give you energy to pull though on tough workouts.

I log everything too. l lost 20 pounds a while ago and hit 150lbs, since then i still work out various circuits and cardio 3x a week. I am aiming for about 300 cal calorie deficit, but i cant hit it continuosly.

If i eat more calories i gain weight, if i eat less it stays the same, and i can only loose if i continuosly hit the 300 cal deficit.

Any suggestions?
  • lilawolf
    Options
    Hi!

I have been working for 4 months now with a trainer to gain strength and to lose weight. I haven't lost much weight, but i have gained a lot more strength and confidence. I am logging every morsel and exercise on a daily basis.

How are you doing with your with your plan?

Well in 16 days I have lost 2lbs (waiting for the weekly weigh in to actually log the second one). I've lost 1% of body fat and am going to start tracking muscle as well so we will see on Monday. The first week I aimed for a 250 calorie deficit and the second week on for a 500 calorie deficit. I walk on the weekdays and lift weights at the gym on the weekends. I want to lift at least one weekday going forward, but I am still working on the logistics... So, I would say I'm doing pretty darn good!
  • lilawolf
    Options
    Hi,

What is your goal, and whats your daily calorie goal? Getting strenght will be a good way to move forward, it will give you energy to pull though on tough workouts.

I log everything too. l lost 20 pounds a while ago and hit 150lbs, since then i still work out various circuits and cardio 3x a week. I am aiming for about 300 cal calorie deficit, but i cant hit it continuosly.

If i eat more calories i gain weight, if i eat less it stays the same, and i can only loose if i continuosly hit the 300 cal deficit.

Any suggestions?

I want to lose 20 lbs OR get back into my size 10 jeans and not have my belly hang out when I sit, whichever comes first. I am aiming for a 500 cal deficit. Read my last response to see how that is going for me.

If a 300 cal deficit works for you, I would do that. If you are still hungry at that number of calories, up your protein and fat intake and lower your carb intake. Also try soups, salads, and/or protein shakes which fill you up for very few calories. You should feel much fuller. If you are STILL hungry, I'd go to the doctor and get your thyroid/blood sugar/general health checked out.
  • babs24
    babs24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the same - 1200-1500 cal and workouts 3 times a week. Consistency and being good to myself are my goals!
  • LeeLough
    LeeLough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 28, 5'7''and 160 lbs. Married with children (love and marriage, love and marriage....go together like a horse and carriage!) Haha everytime I said married with children I think if that theme song lol....anyways my goal weight is 140. I started out at 178lbs in January and am happy with my weight loss so far but feel like it should be more. I consume about 1200-1400 cals a day and workout 5 days a week, usually buring 500-900 calories each time. It really works for me but Im battling the weekends. I usually slack off, maybe drink a bit etc etc...and its killing me!! Ive made an oath to stop killing my progress on the weekends! Id be happy to support you in your journey!