Can i eat what i want?

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No. You need certain nutrients to not get ill.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Well i have been eating dairy and i no that it is very fatning so i was gonna cut it out but i no i need it,i love cheese and yogert. and when i eat i feel like im eating to much at one sitting. i try to eat about 3 to 4 hundred cal every meal just to get all my cal in a day.

Unless your lactose intolerant or allergic there's nothing wrong with dairy. In fact it's a great source of protein and calcium. I have greek yogurt everyday! The Chobani brand has 14 grams of protein. It sounds like you need some ideas of foods to eat to help you make this a lifestyle change -

greek yogurt
    low fat cottage
    string cheese
    chicken/tuna/ fish/ leaner cuts of meats
    lot's of fresh fruits and veggies
    oatmeal or quinoa
    nuts/ seeds
  • sissyhager
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback.
  • sissyhager
    Options
    ya i kinda need some help. lol
  • tajour
    tajour Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well, a Dairy Queen Large Choc. Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard is 1320 calories :{

I'm not sure I was ready to hear that. What sad, sad news. :frown:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ya i kinda need some help. lol
    If it were me, and I felt kinda lost:

I'd figure out how many calories I need (use a BMR and TDEE tool).
    Or let MFP set it for you.
    Then I'd pay attention to my macros.
    I'd look at the protein, fiber, fat, carbs and see if my numbers follow what MFP recommends. You can learn a lot about food by looking at those categories.
    And, if you're trying to change your lifestyle, to get the pounds off and KEEP them off, that knowledge can really help.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Well, a Dairy Queen Large Choc. Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard is 1320 calories :{

I'm not sure I was ready to hear that. What sad, sad news. :frown:

Very sad news indeed...and I loves my some Blizzards:sad:

Another favorite of mine was McDonald's Mocha Frappe's....the medium has like 560 calories:noway: I don't have too many of them anymore either
  • boflexx3000
    Options
    To an extent. Losing weight is a matter of expending more calories than you consume. This can be accomplished through diet, exercise or a combination of both. So theoretically if my if my body needs 2500 calories/ day and I eat 2,400 calories...all butter. I will lose weight. Of course I'll be unhealthy on many different levels. I'm sure you wouldn't choose this diet, but you should consider that there are healthy ranges of the macro-nutrients protein(10-35%), carbohydrates(35-75%-no upper limit), and fat(10-35%) of diet. You must also get sufficient micro-nutrients, vitamins and minerals. By losing weight in a healthy way. You can maintain bone density, speed up your metabolism, and even alter your body composition.
  • EdTheSock
    Options
    Hi my names Ed I'm 47 years old ,and this place is a life raft to me .I only started a few days ago and have already lost 3 pounds I know that's not allot but its better then gaining lol. Its hard to go to the gym with all those nice looking people there but once I'm there and on the tread mill I feel an adrenalin rush I haven't felt in years.