why do i need someone to notice my loss?

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
I haven't lost a ton but i have lost enough that makes a difference. i have lost 16-18 lbs on a 5ft 2" frame. i went from a size 9/10 sometimes a 11 to anywhere from a 2-6 depending on the brand, right.... I still feel like i need to lose more as no one has noticed or said anything to me... I still feel i look the same and see the same old me there that has been there for the last 5 years... even though i am back to the OLD me before those last 5 years.... everyone was so quick to mention when i was gaining weight but yet no one seems to have seen the loss. I know i didn't do this for them, i did it for me but i still am bummed that no one has seemed to noticed the changes that i have worked so hard for..... why do i feel the need to have someone mention to me that i look good/ better or what ever in order to feel better?

Replies

• leahartmann
    Options
    Because you have worked so hard to get where you´re at and need some confirmation. That´s very natural and I would be the same, when I lose more. 16-18 lbs is a great loss, you have been doing very well!! Awesome!!
  • jumatwins
    Options
    I posted the same question-topic as you not too long ago... I wonder the same thing... Same here, I lost about 15 lbs, I am 5'3", went from size 8 to 4. My husband and immediate family are noticing and complimenting, but my friends or co-workers, not really... I notice that they look at me, but don't say anything...
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    my hubby is the one one who sees it but that's b/c he knows what i am doing. I purposely didn't tell anyone i was trying to lose weight for that reason, i wanted to see if they would notice. I know some don't like to comment on things like that but then why would they comment when i am gaining, that is just as nasty! It's like i haven't lost enough weight for anyone to notice....??? considering i still feel i look like i'm 18lbs heavier, it really bums me out!