30 Days - NO ALCOHOL - Pics

Options
Hey guys!

So, recently I did a little experiment and said no to alcohol for a full 30 days. I was told I would see a HUGE difference and that my body would have an easier time of letting go of those nasty fat cells during this time. Well....it didn't work. At least, not for me. But I saw that "HUGE" difference in my bf over 30 days! I think if you're someone who drinks often or every day - this could be a tool you can use to drop those fat cells. But for those (like me) who don't drink very often to begin with, it probably doesn't matter very much.

Anyway, since my BF saw such a great difference I wanted to share our photos with you all. Here goes:

ME:

TFront.jpg[img][/img]TSide.jpg

TBack.jpg

MY MAN:

SFront-2.jpg

SSide-1.jpg

SBack.jpg

Has anyone else tried this? Share your results!

Replies

• Beatrix0810
    Options
    Hey guys!

So, recently I did a little experiment and said no to alcohol for a full 30 days. I was told I would see a HUGE difference and that my body would have an easier time of letting go of those nasty fat cells during this time. Well....it didn't work. At least, not for me. But I saw that "HUGE" difference in my bf over 30 days! I think if you're someone who drinks often or every day - this could be a tool you can use to drop those fat cells. But for those (like me) who don't drink very often to begin with, it probably doesn't matter very much.

Anyway, since my BF saw such a great difference I wanted to share our photos with you all. Here goes:

ME:

TFront.jpg[img][/img]TSide.jpg

TBack.jpg

MY MAN:

SFront-2.jpg

SSide-1.jpg

SBack.jpg

Has anyone else tried this? Share your results!

Hrm, One of my pics didn't show up. Let me try again...

TFront.jpg
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. What did he normally drink?

Oh and one of these little guys for just being able to NOT drink and get those results :grumble: . Must be nice to be a dude!
  • Beatrix0810
    Options

Oh and one of these little guys for just being able to NOT drink and get those results :grumble: . Must be nice to be a dude!

To be fair, when I drink it's usually vodka martinis or wine, and when he drinks it's usually beer. So I think because beer is LOADED with calories and carbs, that's why he saw such a difference. Also, being a dude helps tremendously. haha!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options

To be fair, when I drink it's usually vodka martinis or wine, and when he drinks it's usually beer. So I think because beer is LOADED with calories and carbs, that's why he saw such a difference. Also, being a dude helps tremendously. haha!

My husband drinks quite a bit of beer (the carbs aren't *that* bad - like less than 25 for a 6 pack but 660 calories!) and I swear, he can walk to the mailbox and lose 5 lbs. He's on month 2 of Insanity, eats 5,000 calories a day, and is STILL LOSING FAT. See why I'm a man-hater today? :tongue:
  • Mima79
    Mima79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1606266md4i3fv706.gif
  • hungryshay
    hungryshay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Y'all also gained a nice tan! LOL :)
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    Y'all also gained a nice tan! LOL :)

Haha true story!
  • cinciti
    cinciti Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I tried it last Nov & I did lose but not like I've lost since March this year when I really started tracking food... I'm back to my alcohol but like you I'm not a BIG drinker. Mostly on the weekend. But congrats to your boyfriend, it seems to me that guys can quit one thing and weight just falls off them. But for us we have to WORK HARD for 1lbs... so not fair, just saying
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    Totally agree. He lost 6.5 lbs in 30 days!!! So obnoxious because I'm a lot more disciplined than him, haha!
  • vision2012
    vision2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I actually see a difference in you too! I think you look alot tighter, especially in the back picture
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    I actually see a difference in you too! I think you look alot tighter, especially in the back picture

Really?! I don't see it, but thank you for saying that! I've been sitting here BUMMED that I've made NO progress over the last 30 days :-/
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I agree...you have to be a drinker everyday for it be a big change for you. When I quit drinking.....I dropped 16 pounds in 2 weeks....I couldn't believe the difference and how fast the weight came off.....I was an everyday drinker!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    It seems giving up alcohol made you both a lot more tan! LOL

You guys look great
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have not drank alcohol since 2nd Dec 2011, (OK, I had a bottle of wine last Sat - my 1st drink since then and will never do it again)

I have lost alot of weight and inches all over, which I do believe that giving up alcohol has attributed to but not entirely.
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    it's interesting no? i def. see a difference w/ your BF (obnoxious lol). you look different to me too but it could be the lighting, etc.
    you look great by the way! and a uncanny sidenote: in your side to side pics you look exactly like my sister in law (face). weird.
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    it's interesting no? i def. see a difference w/ your BF (obnoxious lol). you look different to me too but it could be the lighting, etc.
    you look great by the way! and a uncanny sidenote: in your side to side pics you look exactly like my sister in law (face). weird.

Haha weird! I guess everyone has a doppleganger, right?

Agree about the lighting. In the first pic it was taken mid-day in natural light, and the second was taken in the evening with all the house lights on. Could be why we look so tan too, though I will say we were out in the sun A LOT over those 30 alcohol free days. Maybe a little of both? haha.

But yes, I think if you drink every day you'll see a change after quitting alcohol. Maybe I need to quit coffee (YIKES!) for the next 30days (bc I take milk and sugar in my coffee, so maybe cutting out the sugar will help).

Any other ideas of how I can get more toned? I have lost body fat (about 3% over the last few months) but I seem to be at another stale-mate. Maybe add in more weight lifting? What do you guys think?
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    I have not drank alcohol since 2nd Dec 2011, (OK, I had a bottle of wine last Sat - my 1st drink since then and will never do it again)

I have lost alot of weight and inches all over, which I do believe that giving up alcohol has attributed to but not entirely.

Wow, good for you!!!!
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    It seems giving up alcohol made you both a lot more tan! LOL

You guys look great

Thanks! You're not so bad yourself :bigsmile:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Did you guys do anything in conjunction with no alcohol? Were you restricting calories, or eating maintenance calories? Did your workout change at all?

Sorry, I'm just looking for the controls in this experiment! lol
  • kathgym
    kathgym Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I first moved to London I drank loads and found beer. I stopped for a month to save money - lost a dress size! However, now I drink rarely so not as worthwhile giving up. Everything in moderation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!