Hello! Introducing myself - Shedding Post-pregnancy pounds

Options
Hello! My name is Natira and I've just joined FitnessPal. I am anxious to work on making long term lifestyle changes to my eating and exercise so I can be the fun and energetic wife, mom and professional that I know is in here!

I have three kiddo's - ages: 3 years, 2 years and 3 months.

I also hold a full time job outside the home so my days are packed and busy! Still, I am making a diligent effort to exercise regularly both at the gym and integrating activity into daily routines when home. Now, my biggest challenge is better monitoring my eating habits. I have a sweet tooth and my natural inclination is to reach for the carbs! I need to increase my lean protein intake and reduce (not complete exclude) the sugars.

Anyway, I'm looking for a long term healthy lifestyle, not a quick fix this time. I want the results to be long lasting and help me in my daily life with my husband, children and co-workers. Afterall, "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."

Who's with me? I look forward to meeting some friends for encouragement.

Replies

• KaceyLindsey
    KaceyLindsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    welcome! I just started about three days ago! Feel free to add me if you would like and we can do this together! I have a 5,4, and an 8 month old. Look forward to sharing this experience with you. GOOD LUCK! YOU GOT THIS GIRL!!:wink:
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi there! i'll be your friend. i'm a mommy too...but the stay-at-home kind. LOL! i have a 3 year old little guy and we've just dove into the world of potty training. fun fun!

i hear ya on the sweet tooth and the carbs. love me some chocolate and hot sourdough bread! eek! but i've been doing a sorta pseudo paleo/gluten-free/low carb lifestyle for so long now that it's sort of stuck. but here and there i do give in.

my goals are to lose 8-10lbs, eat a balanced diet (a little bit of everything without obsessing over the ocassional sweet treat), build stamina and firm up. i'm not overly strict as i want to ease myself into this. this is my journey and whenever i get there is whenever i get there.

so...would love the support too! doing this together is better than doing this alone!
  • ngulbransen
    Options
    Thank you Ladies for your support and encouragement. Go mama's of all kinds!! We definitely need each other for encouragement and we can do this! :happy:

I have a lot of weight to shed (40 lbs), but I'm trying to stay focused and realize it's not all about the numbers. It's a total mind and body feeling and being good to ourselves.

Best of luck to you.
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    gosh you ARE busy! good for you for wanting to change while rasing a family & working full time, that in itself is so inspiring. i'm a mum of a singleton (4 yr old boy) & also wanting to change my lifestyle, fitness level, nutrition goals, etc. feel free to friend me!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Added you. I have a 9 month old at home and also work full time.