Gluten-Free people---

Options
Please add me. I'm going gluten free, at least for a little while.
It's a test to see if it helps some symptoms of something I have
And I have no idea how to do this.
So it would help to see some of your meals to get ideas.
And anyone who has tips feel free to post those here
:flowerforyou:

Edit--- And any good books you know of on gluten free diets and such?

Replies

• fallintomyworld
    fallintomyworld Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm not gluten free but my sister is. you can add her she has dealt with her allergy for like 8 years now. her MFP username is
    kdward83
    hope that helps.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Thank you(:
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There is a gluten-free group here on MFP too. You can get ask questions and get guidance there as well. Welcome to the GF lifestyle. I hope it helps you, I know it helped me! GF since November 2011.
  • kjvgirl
    kjvgirl Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, I am gluten/dairy free. I use a book called "Cooking for Isaiah" by Silvana Nardone. Best gluten free flour blend that I have found. She also has a website
    silvanaskitchen.com
    I joined the gluten free group as well. Ask questions or ask for help. Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm going gluten free, at least for a little while.
    It's a test to see if it helps some symptoms of something I have
    And I have no idea how to do this.
    So it would help to see some of your meals to get ideas.
    And anyone who has tips feel free to post those here
    :flowerforyou:

Edit--- And any good books you know of on gluten free diets and such?

I am usually gluten free. This morning was a 'cheat' when I had a bagel, but that is unusual. I got started gluten free because my late father recommended it. Although I do not have celiac disease, I am somewhat intolerant of wheat gluten. Because of the effects of gluten, I try to stay away from it most of the time. I've just now added you as a friend. Hopefully my everyday diet will help you with ideas as to what to eat to remain gluten free.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Hello. I'm gluten-free, not by choice, but there it is. =) You may add me if you'd like.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I just started gluten free myself. This is a temporary precursor to an elimination diet, though I might keep doing it b/c it does seem that I'm feeling better. Will see what happens if I add it back. Feel free to add me. :)
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Udi makes good products. You can pick up their breads at most health food stores. They also make a great pizza crust so you won't feel so bad because you can't have pizza. The breads aren't as great as regular bread but if you're having issues - you'll start to feel better in about a week and it'll get better and better.

I eat rice with a lot of my meals. They also sell a great Soy sauce by San-J that's low sodium. You won't have to give up stir fry. Veggies are your friend. :)

The dangers are eating out unless you request a gluten free menu and only some restaurants have them. I like Chipote Grill. They have gluten free products. Watch out for anything that is pre-prepared. There's a lot of hidden gluten out there. Always check ingredients!

Feel free to add me as you go on your quest for gluten free.
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    I'm trying to go Gluten Free and am having a hard time!! Any of you feel free to add me...
  • 9xuzts
    9xuzts Posts: 40
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Three members of my family have been gluten free for about ten years, and I just started the diet for myself recently...it's just hard at first figuring out everything that you can eat. You can look at my food diary for ideas...biggest thing though, lots of vegetables and look for all the gluten free grain products in the store. There is usually a gluten free version of anything you could want!
  • pirch
    pirch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you read the book Wheat Belly [Dr. Davis)? Interesting read on the gluten topic....
  • Ksoanes
    Ksoanes Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been gluten free for the last 2.5 weeks as I was presenting nearly all the symptoms for a wheat intolerance and my weight had not budged in about 3 months despite working out like a crazy lady and being on weight watchers. As soon as I cut it out I have dropped 7 pounds and feel so much better. The biggest symptom that has improved is I don't feel nearly as lethargic anymore and my joints seem to be feeling better. Feel free to add me (ksoanes). I don't find GF to be the most challenging thing in the world (cutting dairy out would be my biggest issue) but mainly because I have been really focusing on the quality of the rest of the food I am consuming and making sure I am not lacking in anything. To be honest though, my main concern was avoiding it as best as I can however, I very well know I have consumed a few things that are technically on the contraband list! Good luck!