Just starting today - looking for friends!

Options
Hi! I'm Jody. I just joined MyFitnessPal today and am looking for others who are on their weight loss journey. I live in Iowa, a single mom of two very busy girls and have about 30 pounds to lose. I'd love to hear from you! :smile:

Replies

• joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Jody , I joined 2 weeks ago. I'm from MN, I have 2 boys and need to lose 20 pounds. Feel free to add me, we can encourge each other!
  • maustin37
    maustin37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Jody Welcome, I've been a member since about Memorial weekend. So far down 13 pounds. MFP made if very easy by tracking what I was eating and the most important thing MOVING!! Single mom here too, yes it hard to balance the kids and find time for you but it's a must. I have a teenage son 14 who of course knows everything. I have about another 20 pounds I'd like to shed. I could always use the support and encouragement. Guys Feel free to add me. Gett'n healty in NJ....... Good Luck!!
  • cmjolley1912
    Options
    I just started today as well.

Have struggled with eating disorders and now trying to get my life on track again.

I'm a US expat who lives in London, UK.
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Jody I'm new too with about 20 lbs to lose - it's great to have a support network!
  • ryansmith32324
    Options
    Hi I am Ryan and I am a 33 year old married, mother of a thirteen year old boy. I just started today and wondering if anyone has any food ideas for low fat meals or what to eat when I go out to eat?? (if i have to. I know it's not good to eat out.)
  • johned64
    johned64 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Jody, I'm John and my wife Janine is also on here. We just recently started theis program and we find that at times its hard to stay within our calories. But we keep on trying. We have made it a compatition between her and I to see who can keep the calories in the green and who can get the most off for exercise. We both need to lose some weight. Hope you have great sucess we will be cheering for you.

John
  • cswalker02
    cswalker02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Jody,

I joined over three weeks ago and need to lose 20 pounds. Feel free to add me :smile: :smile:
  • jpbgrad98CHANGED
    Options
    Joined a while ago, but just now started taking it seriously. I have 4 (almost 5) kids. Married to a wonderful person who is supporting me on this. I have about 50 pounds to lose. We can all do it together!
  • johned64
    johned64 Posts: 13
    Options
    My WIfe and I have found these meals in a bag like savory chicken and rice. The cook in about 20 minutes and are very fill ing. also we make our our chicken salad for sandwiches at work. Home made you can check your calories. If you eat out try a chef salad with light dressing and little cheese.
  • bugs5697
    bugs5697 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi Jody!
    Welcome, I'm here, again...and am also a single mother to a very busy 15 year old daughter. I'm working on portion control, limit drinks, and hitting the gym at least 5 days a week.
    Please feel free to add me and we can work on this together!
    I'm on here a few times a day and also have my iPhone with the free app that I'm able to see certain things.
    Have a super day!!

Laura
  • phillygirlagain
    phillygirlagain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Friend me!
  • sherryfink
    Options
    Hi Jody, I just joined today as well. I want to lose about 20 lbs the healthy way:) I live in Wisconsin with my husband and son. I am going to start working out at least 4 times a week and limit my calories to 1400 a day. I hope I can do this. Motiviation is my problem, but I CAN DO THIS! So can you:) Good luck neighbor! Feel free to friend me.:happy:
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    welcome

anyone feel free to add:)
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey!!
  • volamena
    volamena Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi, I'm new as well. I want to lose about 20pounds and don't know if I have enough motivation. looking for friends and support...feel free to friend me:-)
  • NadiaKhan17
    Options
    I just started today as well :)
  • colindidit22
    Options
    Add me guys :)