New member looking for help

Options
Hi, I'm looking for friends to help keep me motivated because I am easily discouraged. I'm trying to lose about 60lbs altogether and I could really use some help from others to keep me going. Thanks.

Replies

• ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    i have abt 60 lbs left to lose.
  • keliana1
    keliana1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey. Lots of folks on here to help you and support you if you're willing to do the work. I find logging as I eat and checking calorie counts before I order helps me make better choices than if I log at the end of the day. Like you, I have a hard time staying motivated and I have quite a bit to lose. Happy to be part of your support team if you want :smile: It's just a day by day deal and a decision to be healthier. I don't diet, but I do appreciate and understand the need to be conscious of my behaviors. That being said, I'm also working on being kinder to myself. Good Luck!!!!!! You can do it!
  • tanyakeats
    Options
    I'm a new member too.... I have started a Biggest Loser Competition at work... with hopes that it will get me motivated. Day 1 in.. and so far so good... I even stayed away from "dip day" at work....

you can certainly add me as a friend and we can do it together....
    I'm looking to lose 100lbs
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    Friend up darlin'! We are all in this together. I have 100lbs to loose and have been that girl that tried everything short of surgery. one of my friends turned me on to this site, and it is the best. Good luck!!!!
  • laneydawn
    Options
    Welcome to MFP !! Its a fantastic place for support and motivation. But like everything else, you get out of it what you put in. Get some friends, particiapte in the forums and ask for help. There are so many fantastice folks here - its just incerdible. Take a look at some of the success stories - that's where I go when I start to think about giving up. Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • pamwyatt
    Options
    hi i need to lose over 100lbs i have found writng my food and exercise down helps. if you wish i will try and support you :smile:
  • slickannie
    slickannie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am a 60 year old female trying to lose 60lbs. I will need all the help I can get!!!! Would like to have a few buddies on this journey. I am not on any diet, just trying to eat healthier, excercising a little more. Any suggestions would be great.
  • EdTheSock
    Options
    Here's a long shot lmao I could use a friend for motivation in the Kitchener area that goes to Good Life Fitness or someone online that knows allot Id like to know about protein drinks and if its ok if I miss a meal to have one of them to make up I don't want to pass out cause I am using the cal counter and have lost 3 pounds so far
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!!
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add!:)
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - this is a terrific site!