I'm gonna actually try this one out!!!

Hi yall, name is Pam. I came from a BIG family and i dont mean people big i mean pant size big! I've done probably every diet this way, drink that way, take this pill, exersize with this... there is out there, with the exception of that cookie diet.. what is that! LOL Anyhow, I've desided that i am sick and tired of being the FAT friend! Time for this girl to be a normal friend!!! I'm off to a rocky start, but then again didnt find this site or start til after dinner... lol... But im looking for friends to encourage me or this will end up another distant memory.... and i wanna encourage others too!

Well thats the sum of it... hi im me!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Hi Pam. :)
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Hi Pam. Welcome! I am also new to this site, but I know from experience (on another forum site) that having a place to get support can be really helpful! Find a thread or two to call home, and get to work on joining in. That way, you will not feel "alone" while dieting. Online support can make all the difference! YOU CAN SUCCEED!! Although I just got started here, so have a lot to learn, I've already found "food" tab very helpful. Logging in your daily input really brings to light were you have done well and were you can improve. GOOD LUCK! DeeDee
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Heya Pam, Thanks for adding me! Good luck and hang in there. I am in here off and on right now, but if I can help out with ANYTHING please let me know.....been here a while :blushing:

Sass
  • Hi, welcome to MFP Pam :) We are with you on your journey to a healthy lifestyle (rather than using the terms diet and exercise), heheh.
  • Tarkine
    Tarkine Posts: 8 Member
    Welcome Pam,
    I found this site last year, but am relatively new to the posting part. I have found it a great tool, and now that I have started posting it's even better. :happy:
    Keep motivated!
    I look forward to reading more of your posts.
  • ccounts
    ccounts Posts: 57
    :smile: I'm with ya, Pam!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Pam, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Hey everyone! thanks for all the support!!!! Its a blessing to have a place i can call home!! Well, for my first day i kinda didnt do so well :cry: :cry: .... but i didnt start the site or deside i was gonna go on a diet til AFTER dinner lol! :laugh:

But i doing a ton better today!! had a chef salad feeling good n full!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Plus i told my husband what i wanted to do and got blown away by his responce!!!! "Sounds good hun, i could afford to lose a lil weight too!!" :love: :love: :happy: And he came home with a gym membership for me!!! WWHHOOOOOOO!!!! Cant wait on my way there now!!! SO LONG TUBBY!!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love: :love:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hey everyone! thanks for all the support!!!! Its a blessing to have a place i can call home!! Well, for my first day i kinda didnt do so well :cry: :cry: .... but i didnt start the site or deside i was gonna go on a diet til AFTER dinner lol! :laugh:

But i doing a ton better today!! had a chef salad feeling good n full!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Plus i told my husband what i wanted to do and got blown away by his responce!!!! "Sounds good hun, i could afford to lose a lil weight too!!" :love: :love: :happy: And he came home with a gym membership for me!!! WWHHOOOOOOO!!!! Cant wait on my way there now!!! SO LONG TUBBY!!!!

That's soooooo great! :bigsmile:
    I remember when I first told MY husband about joining MFP. He said "Ah ha, ANOTHER diet, huh, whatever! Sure surprised him when I kept losing and losing! :laugh: Now he's so proud of me, and I am too! :bigsmile: Hopefully it'll be the same way for you too! Sounds like you're off to a great start! :smile:
  • ccounts
    :happy: But i doing a ton better today!! had a chef salad feeling good n full!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Plus i told my husband what i wanted to do and got blown away by his responce!!!! "Sounds good hun, i could afford to lose a lil weight too!!" :love: :love: :happy: And he came home with a gym membership for me!!! WWHHOOOOOOO!!!! Cant wait on my way there now!!! SO LONG TUBBY!!!!

[/quote]

Hope it went really well tonight at the gym, Pam. Take it easy, be gentle on yourself, so you can work out again in a day or two. Remember to stretch gently after the workout. A little bit today, a little more tomorrow. That's great!:happy: :happy:
  • ccounts
    oops, I don't think I did the quote right, sorry!:blushing:
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Hey everyone! thanks for all the support!!!! Its a blessing to have a place i can call home!! Well, for my first day i kinda didnt do so well :cry: :cry: .... but i didnt start the site or deside i was gonna go on a diet til AFTER dinner lol! :laugh:
    Hey don't feel bad about not getting started right away. I thought about it for two weeks, getting past the last of the holiday celebrations, before getting down to business. You will do fine, be kind to yourself, and the main thing is to NOT GIVE UP if you have a slip up now and again.
  • :happy: But i doing a ton better today!! had a chef salad feeling good n full!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Plus i told my husband what i wanted to do and got blown away by his responce!!!! "Sounds good hun, i could afford to lose a lil weight too!!" :love: :love: :happy: And he came home with a gym membership for me!!! WWHHOOOOOOO!!!! Cant wait on my way there now!!! SO LONG TUBBY!!!!

Hope it went really well tonight at the gym, Pam. Take it easy, be gentle on yourself, so you can work out again in a day or two. Remember to stretch gently after the workout. A little bit today, a little more tomorrow. That's great!:happy: :happy:
    [/quote]

Gym went GREAT!!! walked a mile sweated by butt off lol... went again this morning and walked another mile... now im fully of energy and ready to go!!