This will be the last time!!!

I am new on this site, and would like to connect with those in my age bracket for support. I have lost hundreds of lbs. over the years, but the last visit to the doctor has me determined to do it once and for all! So if you are between 50 and 70 (I am 62) and have no one to be your support, please respond.

Replies

• :smile: Hi I'm 62. I started useing this site about a year ago. I don't message much so I have been doing this alone and it is not working. So I am trying one more time
  • I had a sort of rocky start the few days before new years, but have been trying to keep the exercise going in 30 minute bursts. some gardening, some walking, and practicing music. Also trying to break a sugar addiction.......the dreaded diabetes is lurking around my door, and I want to try to avoid it at all costs!! I hope I can find you again on the message board!! I'm a capricorn...b-day on the 16th.
  • i have just started to get serious about diet and exercise in the last week. I like to walk but it has been to cold . I have trouble with sweets too. I'm a virgo
  • Oh good, another earth sign! Sweets are my biggest downfall. I have lost over 100 lbs in 8 months before (on optifast). It always comes back because of the sugar bowl. So I know I can stay away from it while being strict with myself.....It's the after that gets me. Living in the real world, and being tempted by sugar. My mom had the big D (diabetes), and I have been a pudge all my teen and adult life, so I am trying to avoid it at all costs. I say pudge, but the dr report says obese.......I hate that word!!!
    Going to garden awhile....I live in sunny San Diego, so we can all year. I actually have to wait till 3ish to walk, cause it is too hot for me.If I can, you can.....do it today for just this one day. Avoid the sugar bowl, and find something great you can enjoy, like a hobby you love to do.