what to get at olive garden?

Options
r5wr
r5wr Posts: 203 Member
Boyfriend is taking me to olive garden...Wth should I get to go with loading weight?!?!?

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Take a look here and see what fits best with your calorie and macro goals. :)http://www.olivegarden.com/menu/nutrition/
  • Chrysy87
    Chrysy87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Check their website. They have a full menu up including the nutritional breakdown so you can plan your meal before you go. :D
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The apricot chicken is low cal ... and yummy

breadsticks are like 150 calories each, be careful there.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I get the chicken ceasar salad with no croutons and dressing on the side. Everything else is loaded with sodium. I just like to play it safe.
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/Nutrition/

They have nutrition info on their website
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The website is great plus they have a pamphlet in the lobby with their nutritional information.
  • r5wr
    Options
    Were actually on the way now spur of the moment thing cause before o started this was complanong I was hungry for their soup, so ill try on my.phone. and ya that sucks their bread sticks are yumny :(
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I always get the linguini with marinara.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Last time I was there, I had the ravioli... Mmmmmm... ravioli... <drool>

Oh yeah and one (that is ONE) breadstick.
  • JamieAbnowski
    JamieAbnowski Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can get their salad with no extra cheese/croutons and they have fat free dressing that tastes the same as the regular. Fill up on SALAD, limit your breadsticks (last time I went I ate ONE breadstick and enjoyed every bite...and that was just enough to satisfy)...all of their entrees are pretty heavy on the calories. I would recommend just the soup (minestrone) and salad. (oh...and red wine ;-)
  • r5wr
    Options
    I've only had subway today so I have a decency amour of calories left but have no idea what to get. I always get the chicken gnocchi soup and seafood Alfredo... But never eat even half to full by then lol... So I may be okay..? Or maybe just do soup? Hay why is this so hard!? Lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Check the website for specifics, but the general rule is to eat half of any dish and take the other half home. I remember that the chocolate cake was 700 calories, but that doesn't help much. lol

Or you could get a shrimp dish and only eat a small amount of the pasta. (Not the shrimp alfredo though, it's like 1400) Herb grilled salmon is only 550. Basically, avoid the creamy sauces and eat only half. One breadstick is 140 calories and one serving of their salad with dressing is 150.

Also, they are having a special for two dishes for $25. The portions are slightly smaller than the regular lunch portion, so maybe whoever you're going with will go in half with you? They should be able to give you a listing though. Ask the hostess when you get there.
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i get the seafood brodetto. it's kinda like chicken broth with seafood in it. LOADED with sodium but the whole bowl is like 500 calories and i only ever eat half.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Seafood alfredo is 1020.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING. jk. bad influence. i'll run for 2 hours if it means i get me some olive garden. :) love those 150-calorie breadsticks!!
  • r5wr
    Options
    Red wine? I wish I'm only 18 :p my boyfriend might go in on that but he's a twig and can eat and eat so it might not be enough... He pays for.it all :p hmmm maybe no breadsticks the soup and aittle chicken Alfredo since its less not by Much, I think or just soup. Or just work out even more tonight when we do 30DS lol but were here wish me luck! Lol thank you all a lot!!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    get what you want, but take half home
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My family's going there tonight but they have nothing vegan :( I used to get their minestrone soup and have that with salad.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The apricot chicken is low cal ... and yummy

breadsticks are like 150 calories each, be careful there.

Seconded. The Apricot Chicken is awesome.
    My trouble is that I had like 5 breadsticks when I went... and as ^ said, they're 140-150 calories EACH.

The chicken is pretty filling... and you can't go wrong with a salad :)
  • r5wr
    Options
    I had my soup and lemon herb chicken. And took half home :) oh and one bread stick the boyfriend had the rest of the basket his whole meal and tea with like a gallon of sugar. While I had water. And help lose weight -__-