Spinich & Canelloni Bean Dip

Options
LosingIt4good
LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
Today I was watching Everyday Italian with the little ones I watch and I was in luck. I had all the ingredients to try out a Spinich & Canellini Bean dip..so we tried it, then decided it was missing something. I added a few TBS of fat free cream cheese and viola! Instant yummy & healthy dip that the little kids had fun dipping crackers in! I was so surprised they liked it, but its pretty awesome cuz now I know I can make stuff thats healthy and they love it cuz they think its neat we are making the same thing the lady made on TV.. haha!!

Here's the recipe!

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (12-ounce) bag baby spinach
1 (15-ounce) can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 TBSP Fat Free Cream Cheese

Directions
Spray large skillet with non-fat cooking spray. Over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 of the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Repeat with the remaining spinach. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.

Place the spinach, Canelloni beans, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor.

Blend until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl, add cream cheese and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until blended. You can eat it warm or cover and chill in the fridge (we like it better this way). Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.

Serve with other veggies for dipping, fat free pita chips or reduced fat crackers.

Nutrition Facts

8 Servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 66.5
Total Fat 0.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 369.2 mg
Potassium 391.2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 5.1 g
Vitamin A 68.6 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 5.5 %
Vitamin C 17.7 %
Vitamin D 0.0 %
Vitamin E 3.4 %
Calcium 10.5 %
Copper 7.3 %
Folate 23.9 %
Iron 12.7 %
Magnesium 12.4 %
Manganese 27.9 %
Niacin 1.6 %
Pantothenic Acid 1.0 %
Phosphorus 5.6 %
Riboflavin 4.9 %
Selenium 1.6 %
Thiamin 4.6 %
Zinc 4.4 %

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    That sounds YUMMY!!!!

~Leash :heart:
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good! I have to try it :)
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    bump
  • jaki521
    jaki521 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Loved the recipe - I substituted (as I often do!) because I had leftover lemon hummus for the beans and used this "spinach sauce" on baked flounder and whole wheat pasta. This was delicious!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    definitely going to try this one... Sounds delicious!