Tough Mudder?

Options
2»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    doing my first TM in new jersey in october.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    bump! TM is definitely on my bucket list for when I get to my goal weight!
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Doing my fourth TM in NJ in October. I did NJ in 2010 and 2011 and PA in May 2012.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm signed up for the one in Austin in October...less than 2 months! I have been doing a lot of strength training and I can currently run 8 miles. The one thing I'm trying to focus on now is running hills outside or on a incline on the tredmill. I'm not too worried about the distance of the race since there will be many obstacles to break up the running, but I think the terrain will be my downfall.
  • vedette2891
    Options
    I'm running TM in Austin Oct. 6. The best I can say is don't focus on strength training gear towards cardiovascular. As far as strength do lots of pull ups lots of pull ups lots of pull ups and build grip strength. Other than that run trails as much as u can throw in lots of body weight exercises (burpees, pushups, mountain climbers, squats, lunges,) then run some more. Swimming helps a lot with conditioning. Then run some more with more pullups.
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the TM June 1st and doing the Spartan Trifecta as well. Lots of trail running in the woods, hiking hills with sandbags, sprints, burpees and weights for me. :)). Here's to all of us showing up to the starting line as the best we can possibly be!